Chelsea FC 2005/6 kit

DEAD!

Another heraldic lion... the Premierships needs some more of those! ;)

I've only been following soccer hardcore for a season, and I already hate Chelsea... Their coach is a dickwad.

I've only been following soccer hardcore for a season, and I already hate Chelsea... Their coach is a dickwad.

Agreed 100 percent

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

As an Arsenal fan, I hate Chelsea with a passion.

But I have to admit that they're going to look very sharp next year.

We knew they were getting a new shirt sponsor - the contract with Emerates was up, and as mentioned Emirates has already signed with Arsenal.

The new crest is similar to their classic crest - they unveiled it a couple months ago. You can see the crest history on Chelsea's site.

What's news here is that they are showing off a shirt with a sponsor. They had originally said that the blue shirt would be sponsor-free at home during League matches. I'm hoping that this is the home shirt for Champions League matches and that they will actually go all-blue in the Premiership.

I'm also hoping that Arsenal's throwback shirts next year won't have the sponsor, but don't have much hope. We'll know next month....

Just realized - that's not the shirt they'll be wearing. They switch from Umbro to Adidas next year. It's just a mockup for the press conference.

Just realized - that's not the shirt they'll be wearing. They switch from Umbro to Adidas next year. It's just a mockup for the press conference.

Gee, I didn't know that. Just replace the Umbro logo with Adidas and add three stripes on the sleeves :D

I saw, I came, I left.

no fan of chelsea boys either, but it's a fantastic new/old crest.

as for arse-enal, it's always a shame when a nice shirt gets an ugly sponsor. obviously, like most people, i don't like the sponsor on the front of the shirt, i think it only looks good when it's a beer company.

I'm also hoping that Arsenal's throwback shirts next year won't have the sponsor, but don't have much hope.  We'll know next month....

You mention "Throwbacks" for Arsenal. Are they changing their shirts? I love to see them go back to amore simple red with white sleeves thatn this years Nike model (though I do like it, especially compared to the last attempt, except for that extra white Nike name patch).

finally a team that's rich enough to buy just about anything they want can stop wearing those pitiful rags with a supposed-lion blob as a crest.

in other news, since samsung is the new sponsor of chelsea, and man u has vodaphone, there are rumors that orange is going to sponsor blackburn.

in other news, since samsung is the new sponsor of chelsea, and man u has vodaphone, there are rumors that orange is going to sponsor blackburn.

Any idea if Blackburn is going to clean up their uniforms at all, i. e., getting rid of the extraneous stripes and dark blue sides (actually, I forget if they have that dark blue stuff this season). My favorite was the McEwan's strip they had when they won the championship (I have an old knock-off in my closet).

Any idea if Blackburn is going to clean up their uniforms at all, i. e., getting rid of the extraneous stripes and dark blue sides (actually, I forget if they have that dark blue stuff this season). My favorite was the McEwan's strip they had when they won the championship (I have an old knock-off in my closet).

no idea on what the new design will look like, but i know that they ditched navy blue last year.

i personally really like the shoulder design of the current rovers shirts... but that being said, i'm not married to them. if they want to get more traditional and simple, you'd hear no complaints from me.

finally a team that's rich enough to buy just about anything they want can stop wearing those pitiful rags with a supposed-lion blob as a crest.

LG Mobile seem nailed on to sponsor Liverpool next season as well... its mobile-mania!

Nice Korean rivalry against Chelsea as well!

liverpool-1.png

Don't forget O2 and Arsenal. Orange? Blackburn? Perhaps they (Blackburn) should go with '3' which is in the same umbrella as Orange

I saw, I came, I left.

I'm also hoping that Arsenal's throwback shirts next year won't have the sponsor, but don't have much hope.  We'll know next month....

You mention "Throwbacks" for Arsenal. Are they changing their shirts? I love to see them go back to amore simple red with white sleeves thatn this years Nike model (though I do like it, especially compared to the last attempt, except for that extra white Nike name patch).

Yes, they are.

2005/2006 is the last season in the storied Highbury ground, and to commemorate that Arsenal will be wearing throwback uniforms from the first season in Highbury all next season (no official word yet on if this will be for all games, for home games only, for League games only, etc).

The throwbacks are somewhat controversial amongst Arsenal supporters, because it isn't in Arsenal's color scheme. In 1913, Arsenal wore redcurrant (darker red) shirts. Herbert Chapman's white sleeves was still twenty years away.

They haven't been unveiled yet - this is all we've seen:

item1_big.jpg

We get to see them next month, IIRC. There has been fan speculation that, in the throwback vein, they won't have a sponsor logo. Personally, I don't subscribe to that, as much as I'd like to see it.

To clear up a few things from this thread, well ok not so much clear them up as add a little input.

First of all if Orange are to sponsor Blackburn, which seems a strange choice for them if you ask me, they surely could get a bigger international fix up than the Rovers, then I would be certain that the '3' logo will be used.

Secondly, I would assume that the darker Arsenal jersey would be for all competitions next season. I also would imagine that the sponsors logo would remain. As far as I know Emirates is only a tie up with the new stadium, and o2 will remain the shirt sponsor, although i am not certain about that.

As for those Chelsea jerseys in the link, my assumption is that they are just mock ups for the news conference. They needed something to wave at the camera for the new Samsung deal, and having announced that retro style badge already, it would look dumb to have the samsung logo with the old badge. I would imagine umbro will come up with some new for next year, there final year to cash in on Chelsea.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Secondly, I would assume that the darker Arsenal jersey would be for all competitions next season. I also would imagine that the sponsors logo would remain. As far as I know Emirates is only a tie up with the new stadium, and o2 will remain the shirt sponsor, although i am not certain about that.

Emirates purchased stadium naming and shirt rights as per the following from the arsenal.com website

The agreement provides the Dubai-based international airline with naming rights to Arsenal's new £357 million stadium. The new 60,000 seat stadium will be known as Emirates Stadium with immediate effect and for the next 15 years.

In addition, Emirates will take over as the Club's title sponsor - including 'Fly Emirates' shirt sponsorship - for eight years, starting from the 2006/07 season, the first playing season in the new Emirates Stadium.

Therefore those burgundy shirts would have O2 as a sponsor.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived