Cfl logo and/or uniform revamp?

Okay... in your opinions, which team(s) in the Canadian Football League are most in need of a logo and/or uniform overhaul? What are your suggestions for said revamp(s)? Hey, webdav... IMHO, this could be fodder for a future "challenge".

Oh, by the way... off the top of my head, the Saskatchewan Roughriders, British Columbia Lions and Calgary Stampede are my top candidates for work.

Brian in Boston

Off the top of my head, I'd say the Argos. I just find them so.....well, bland. I like some of their previous incarnations better.

The Stamps are OK, as are the Bombers and Alouettes. I'd agree with the assessment on the Lions, but have you seen their new 'retro' jerseys? I may be in a minority, but I think they're great.

http://www.bclions.com/store/retro.php

Ti-cats old ones (solid colour body, all stripe from the shoulder down) looked better to me, as did Saskatchewan's in the Ron Lancaster era.

Edmonton is classically boring, but it's also tradition at this point. The only thing that shouldn't be permitted is the pairing of the white jerseys with the white pants.

The Argos to me look alright.  Maybe BC could use an update.  Also the Tiger-Cats could reduce the linework in their logo.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

honestly? everyone except Calgary and possibly the Esks.

the worst logo/jersey and team in need of a major overhaul is Saskatchewan but they are classic, you can't really mess with classic. it's almost like changing the Habs....then again ALL the CFL is classic.

i'd love to see some CFL designs up here.

sega should make a CFL video game.

Vancouver 2010 Two Man Luge Gold Medalist.

http://www.geocities.com/oilfaninvan

Word around the campfire is that the Bombers are undergoing a change for next season, out with the navy, in with the Royal Blue from the salad days of the 80s & early 90s.

Before that idiot Reinebold was hired and buggered up everything good about the team.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

oilfaninvan

Group: Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

honestly? everyone except Calgary and possibly the Esks.

the worst logo/jersey and team in need of a major overhaul is Saskatchewan but they are classic, you can't really mess with classic. it's almost like changing the Habs....then again ALL the CFL is classic.

i'd love to see some CFL designs up here.

sega should make a CFL video game.  

Of course you can't call the Renegades classic!  :D  In my opinions, Saskatchewan does not have the worst logo/uniforms. I'd give the nod to Hamilton! Perhaps it's the because of Toronto-Hamilton rivalry thing!  :D  I'm not a big fan of Saskatchewan's either, but I still think it's still better than some of those in the NFL.

Believe me, if I had a choice between Saskatchewan and Seattle, I'd choose the Roughriders!  :cool:

I saw, I came, I left.

I don't really consider the Roughies' identity a classic. It's been around for about 18 years, and it's not like they have an outstanding record wearing these (they've won one Cup and appeared in two since switching to the current logo).

I don't consider the Bombers' current stuff to be classic (not quite yet), same with the Als' or the Argos', Hamilton's is ugly and outdated (and although you could make a case for those being classics, they haven't seemed to have done much for them lately).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I can't really say the Hamilton's are classic consdiering the tiger-cat is a complete ripoff of Princeton's tiger! :angry:

Come to think of it.... yeah Hamilton's are classic..... classic rip-off!!  :laugh:

I saw, I came, I left.

Hamilton Ti-Cats were much better with the yellow helmets and yellow sleeve inserts from the '70s - BC Lions need much work; their color scheme is "difficult" - Blue Bombers are GREAT, shouldn't change - Roughriders need some tweaking to the logo - green offers great possibilities; Esks should consider metallic gold helmets with the green and a &logo tweak/update - I agree with previous comment about The Argos-some earlier uniforms were much more exciting - Als are OK but I don't like the dual-color jerseys - Calgary is OK

If I were the Esks, I'd play up the polar bear aspect way more. It looks real good, they should use it a lot more.

The Lions need a logo facelift. The premise is great, with the BC and the mountain lion and all, but that particular lion just doesn't do anything for me.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

See, now that I realize it's a mountain lion, the logo kinda makes sense to me (33 years later).

I always thought, if they're lions, where are theire manes? Why are they using chick lions in their logo?

But now that SyPhi points it out, yeah, okay, mountain lion. Makes sense.

Thanks, SyPhi.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

oilfaninvan Posted on July 08 2003,16:30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is anyone gonna walk the walk? let's see some logo concepts!

Nah, I'm taking my bike!  :laugh:  :laugh:

I saw, I came, I left.

Toronto Argonauts: I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I'm a big fan of the current logo. I also like the little-seen secondary mark that is a straight-on view of the bow of a sailing vessel (featuring the sail, oars, etc.). I also like their current color palette, and their jerseys.

Montreal Alouettes: I like the logo and the color palette. The uniforms - most especially the jerseys - could use some work.

Ottawa Renegades: I truly enjoyed the logo system that the old Rough Riders used under the Horn Chen management team. I'm referring to the primary mark featuring the head of the logging "rough rider" and the logging pike. I thought that it was a clever way to tie the name in with the history of the logging industry in Ontario. I also liked the Red/Blue/Metallic Gold color palette.Unfortunately, Mr. Chen turned out to be the "devil" in disguise... and his "hard-ball" financial tactics dictated that the CFL's revival in Ottawa be done under the "Renegades" identity. Not a bad identity, I guess. Although I find the use of a "cowboy" character a bit disconcerting given Ottawa's location (see Saskatchewan Roughriders).

Hamilton Tiger-Cats: I like the color palette and the overall design of the uniform. The logo needs to be modernized/simplified... think a CFL revamp akin to what Osaki Design did for the Miami Dolphins.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers: I'm a bit distressed to have heard the rumor regarding a return to Royal Blue as the primary color. I love the look of the Navy/Metallic Gold/White color palette. I wouldn't mind Royal Blue or a Pale/Sky Blue being added as a tertiary color (in moderation, please). I'd also like to see a revamp of the logo. Something that would maintain the "W" in the background, but layer in a bomber (plane) or an aviator character.

Saskatchewan Roughriders: With apologies to Roughriders fans, what this team needs is a COMPLETE revamp. If Ottawa management could come up with a different iconic interpretation of the name Renegades, I'd love to see Saskatchewan adopt something similar to Ottawa's current logo. In my perfect CFL world, Horn Chen would free-up the aforementioned logger-inspired Rough Riders' identity and marks, allowing the Saskatchewan club to adopt the current Ottawa logo.  It doesn't seem likely that this will ever happen.

I'm not a huge fan of the Green/Silver/Black palette, either. With apologies to Roughriders' fans, maybe what this team needs is a COMPLETE revamp! Saskatchewan Storm, anyone?

Edmonton Eskimos: I'd like to see the Esks go to a darker Green/Metallic Gold/White palette. I think that they should also include the "polar bear" concept more. One thought I had was to position the traditional, interlocking "EE" logo in a Dark Green polar bear pawprint... instead of just the green oval.

Calgary Stampeders: The colr palette is okay. The uniforms could use some... "oomph", for lack of a better word. I'd also like to see the logo modernized... somehow.

British Columbia Lions: I like the Black/Orange/Metallic Silver/White color palette. The logo has got be revamped. Then redesign the uniforms using the new logo treatment as an inspiration.

Just my .02 worth.

Brian in Boston

Say Brian in Boston, is that 0.02 US or 0.02 CDN? :D

Well, I do agree that the Ottawa Rough Riders' logo under Horn Chen was good. However, I prefer it red, white and black, NOT blue, gold and red. Red white and black are Ottawa's colours!!

As for a complete overhaul of the Saskatchewan Roughriders? Are you CRAZY? Maybe perhaps a logo change would be OK, but a name change? Please!!

As for Calgary, perhaps a logo change would be OK, or perhaps they should change their name to Mustangs? (Just kidding)

I think the club that needs a change the most are the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. I'm still reminded of Princeton when I see that logo.

As for my favourite CFL logo.... I'm being biased here, but I really do like the Argonauts logo.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived