Yanks in the cellar

FiddySicks

Let me set the record straight for all of you Sissy Sox loving, Orioles behing kissing, D-Ray loving, Blue Jay loving Yankee playa haters! Even though we have had a rough start to the year on this, the 7th of May at 8 games under .500, this is JUST a slow start. All of the great Yankee teams of the 70's, some of the 80's and the mid-late 90's had slow starts, but when July, August & September came around and won the division.

If the Sox were in last place, and they have before, the city of Boston would declare a state of emergency. Now that you've finally got one over us, you act very non chalant, like you're somewhat better than us now cause u finally got one. Grow up and see that it's still 26 to 6. When the Red Sox win 21 more titles than us, then they'll be considered the greatest team in baseball. Lets see if you can beat a real team in the World Series, not saying the Cards werent good, cause they were and they won more games than the Sox. Let's see the Sox beat the Braves or the Giants or Dodgers, some of the better NL teams. Untill then, shut up and stop acting all high and mighty and just play the game and see if you can defend your title successfully.

As a Royals fan, that statement encompasses nearly everything I find so annoying about Yankee fans that makes me want to hate them so much...I'm sorry, but the Cards were by FAR the best regular season team in baseball last year (and appear to be again this year). So their pitching wasn't quite up to snuff against a team like the Sox last year...Let me let you in on a little secret. I don't care if Boston had to play the '27 Yankees in the Series last year, it was going to be a sweep after what they did to the Yanks. They were on too big of a high to let anyone beat them after that.

Please please please please don't think that guy speaks for all of us.

We're just like any other fans. Most of us are decent enough...it's just the loud, annoying ones that get the attention and give us a largely undeserved reputation.

Don't worry, I know better, I'm just saying that that's the reason why everyone hates the Yankees and, in particular, their fans. I'm still not sure which would be worst though, having an owner like David Glass who'll refuse to spend too much money and cause the team to have countless seasons where they have no chance at all (and don't give me the crap about last year being the highest payroll in team history...it's called inflation), or a guy like Steinbrenner who WILL spend too much money and have a string of mediocre seasons because of it, but every once in awhile, they'll come out on top just on sheer numbers.

edit:I'm not saying the last 10 years are mediocre, I'm referring to the times when George decides to take complete control

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let me set the record straight for all of you Sissy Sox loving, Orioles behing kissing, D-Ray loving, Blue Jay loving Yankee playa haters! Even though we have had a rough start to the year on this, the 7th of May at 8 games under .500, this is JUST a slow start. All of the great Yankee teams of the 70's, some of the 80's and the mid-late 90's had slow starts, but when July, August & September came around and won the division.

If the Sox were in last place, and they have before, the city of Boston would declare a state of emergency. Now that you've finally got one over us, you act very non chalant, like you're somewhat better than us now cause u finally got one. Grow up and see that it's still 26 to 6. When the Red Sox win 21 more titles than us, then they'll be considered the greatest team in baseball. Lets see if you can beat a real team in the World Series, not saying the Cards werent good, cause they were and they won more games than the Sox. Let's see the Sox beat the Braves or the Giants or Dodgers, some of the better NL teams. Untill then, shut up and stop acting all high and mighty and just play the game and see if you can defend your title successfully.

Case-in-point why the stereotypical Yankee fan is the most ungrateful and annoying fan in all of pro sports.

(I just noticed something about the examples of "good" NL teams:)

BRAVES = 13 straight NL East titles, only 1 World Series

GIANTS = 2 WS appearnaces in last 50 years, no wins since 1954 as the NY Giants

DODGERS = No WS appearances since they last won in 1988

Just tryin' to make you think... ^_^

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Archived