Yanks in the cellar

FiddySicks

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose a lot of people are going to come on here and get their kicks in.

And that's fine. If your idea of rooting for your team is celebrating the failure of another, that's your deal and I'm in no position to stop you.

It's just slightly bemusing to see some people behave the way Yankee fans have been accused of behaving in the past.

I suppose the bright side in all this is...we'll finally get to prove to everyone that 99.9% of us are devoted to our team through thick and thin, and not the bunch of fair-weather bandwagonning ship-jumping rats everyone makes us out to be.

Carry on.

now they get to join elite company like the Tampa D-rays, the Texas Rangers and Montreal Expos in the basement.

its worth kicking the yankees when they are down, a 900 million dollar pay roll and in the basement. a might expensive basement team. i mean if they wanted to move to the basement, they didn't have to spend a 1 billion dollars, they could have done the d-rays way and kept it in there pants(the pocket book. what did you think i was referring too? :P ). you don't have to spend 900 million to be a basement team. this is the mlb all star team in the celler. and to kick the yanks (whats wrong with kick a yank?) more...ok. i'll stop since im a compassionate man.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

The way Baltimore is playing, they would get in the playoffs easily.

This has been coming for some time, we just never knew that it would really happen with the kind of lineup they possess.

Oh, and it doesn't help when your best non-DL pitcher gets horse whipped after 1 inning. :D

This could be revenge of the Birdies in the AL East.

When was the last time you could honestly say that the Blue Jays were doing better than the Yanks after one month?

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

I suppose a lot of people are going to come on here and get their kicks in.

And that's fine. If your idea of rooting for your team is celebrating the failure of another, that's your deal and I'm in no position to stop you.

It's just slightly bemusing to see some people behave the way Yankee fans have been accused of behaving in the past.

I suppose the bright side in all this is...we'll finally get to prove to everyone that 99.9% of us are devoted to our team through thick and thin, and not the bunch of fair-weather bandwagonning ship-jumping rats everyone makes us out to be.

Carry on.

Meh. This won't last long. Sooner or later, Darth Steinbrenner is gonna spend another $50 million in acquiring a bunch of old past-prime players and they'll somehow capitalize when the O's collapse. In about a month's time, it'll all revert back to normal, with the Yanks and Sawks as the only teams in the East with a chance at winning the division...

...and that's why we non-Yankee fans are revelling in this most joyous of occasions! Go D-Rays! Kick some rich Yankee ass! :P

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

A Yankees fan can answer this for me, because I don't get it (I don't follow the Yankees too much, so I honestly don't know).

Some Yankee fan said I should "wait until were all healthy and then see what we can do" (about the yankees)

Now other than Randy Johnson and Wright, who else is injured?

As if seeing the Yankees getting owned by the sorry-ass Devil Rays wasn't good enough, the loss put them in last place too??? This has been like a good dream since The Choke of All Chokes. :D

and with that being said GO BRAVES!!!!!!!!! :cursing:

As far as the Yankees health goes, no one else is injured that I can think of. Unless they're waiting for Ruben Sierra to come back and save them. And Jaret Wright's injury may be the best thing for them, since his ERA was over 8 (or was it 9?) I hate to break it to Yankee fans, but the O's probably won't collapse; even if they play .500 ball for the next 2 months, they'll be close enough to make a move for a front line starter. As for Steinbrenner getting someone, the Yankees have no one worth trading. They brought up Cano to allegedly showcase him, and he's made 2 errors in 2 games.

The Yankees are a collection of old men; guys like Bernie Williams and Jorge Posada aren't going to get much better this year. Kevin Brown's done; Mussina's done; everyone that plays 1st for them is a mess. This is not a well thought out team; there's no Brosius, no O'Neill; if this team loses guys like Sheffield will bitch and moan. This team's ripe for a fall.

I'd take the time to laugh, but my hometown team is in the basement of the entire league, OUCH! Also, my M's aren't doing so hot either. This is exactly why I do not like baseball, that and it's too boring.

That was confusing. :therock:

There are two things in baseball in which i enjoy, and only two.

Cubs winning.

Yankees losing.

Everything else about baseball... Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

6uXNWAo.png

My wife thinks I'm crazy because I actually laughed out loud watching the 10th inning of that game last night. Tino "Defensive Purposes" Martinez not getting a single out on that bases loaded grounder; Kendall getting hit with an 0-2 pitch; A-Rod making an error; it was comedy gold.

Let me set the record straight for all of you Sissy Sox loving, Orioles behing kissing, D-Ray loving, Blue Jay loving Yankee playa haters! Even though we have had a rough start to the year on this, the 7th of May at 8 games under .500, this is JUST a slow start. All of the great Yankee teams of the 70's, some of the 80's and the mid-late 90's had slow starts, but when July, August & September came around and won the division.

If the Sox were in last place, and they have before, the city of Boston would declare a state of emergency. Now that you've finally got one over us, you act very non chalant, like you're somewhat better than us now cause u finally got one. Grow up and see that it's still 26 to 6. When the Red Sox win 21 more titles than us, then they'll be considered the greatest team in baseball. Lets see if you can beat a real team in the World Series, not saying the Cards werent good, cause they were and they won more games than the Sox. Let's see the Sox beat the Braves or the Giants or Dodgers, some of the better NL teams. Untill then, shut up and stop acting all high and mighty and just play the game and see if you can defend your title successfully.

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

Archived