Boston groups eyeing A F L ...

According to The Boston Globe, several ownership groups are vying to bring an Arena Football League expansion franchise to Boston in time for the AFL's 2006 season.

One of them is headed up by Larry Moulter, former President and Chairman of the Board of the New Boston Garden Corporation - the Delaware North subsidiary responsible for planning, constructing and opening the Fleet Center. In other words, at least one of the groups is spearheaded by a bona fide "mover and shaker" on the Boston business and sports scene.

What's more, the FleetCenter (soon to become the TD Banknorth Garden) is reportedly extremely interested in adding an AFL franchise to its lineup of entertainment offerings. Further, AFL officials feel that their brand of football would be well-received in Boston, where ratings for the league's Sunday broadcasts on NBC have surpassed Boston Celtics games in recent Arbitron figures.

so basically it would look like this, if Arizona stays...This is what the re-alignment would look like imo

American Conference

Western Division

Arizona Rattlers(If they're still here)

Las Vegas Gladiators

Los Angeles Avengers

San Jose Sabercats

Utah Arena Football Franchise

Central Division

Austin Wranglers

Chicago Rush

Colorado Crush

Grand Rapids Rampage

Kansas City Arena Football Franchise

National Conference

Southern Division

Georgia Force

Nashville Kats

New Orleans VooDoo

Orlando Predators

Tampa Bay Storm

Eastern Division

Boston Arena Football Franchise

Columbus Destroyers

Dallas Desperados

New York Dragons

Philadelphia Soul

better not take our kc team :cursing:

chill, the Kansas City Franchise isn't going anywhere, only thing that will happen is Boston is going to get an expansion team just like Salt Lake City and KC

chill, the Kansas City Franchise isn't going anywhere, only thing that will happen is Boston is going to get an expansion team just like Salt Lake City and KC

Well, to be fair, Boston landing an AFL expansion team for next season isn't a "done deal". According to Commissioner Baker, Miami, San Antonio and Cleveland are also seeking the league's 20th franchise.

Not a bad alignment, but I'd swap Dallas and Grand Rapids.

I think Dallas likes being in the same division with Philly and NY, just like their big brothers.

And whatever happened to the dead-solid lock franchises in Washington, Jacksonville and SF?

Not a bad alignment, but I'd swap Dallas and Grand Rapids.

I think Dallas likes being in the same division with Philly and NY, just like their big brothers.

And whatever happened to the dead-solid lock franchises in Washington, Jacksonville and SF?

Well Washington has a team, but they have to get an arena deal first.

my reasons why they dont/wont have teams:

Washington - cant get an arena

Jacksonville - wont land a team since Orlando and Tampa Bay overpower the AFL market of Fla.

SanFran - Can you say San Jose Sabercats (theyre just a bit too close to have a team in SF)

Archived