Pittsburgh Pirate Patch

rynoz10

I know this is the only place I can go and rant about this and all of you will agree with me. Since the Pirates first road trip this season I have noticed that some of the Pirates are wearing the logo patch on their left arms

52675904.jpg

and some of the players aren't

52687978.jpg

and some that are at least wearing it are wearing it down on their elbows

52635624.jpg

I e-mailed the Pirates Communications Director about this 3 weeks ago and I am sure that they ignored it, but to me nothing says "little league" more than not being able to be consistent with your uniform. It's bad enough that the Pirates are laughing stocks due to their play, but now they have to look bad too.

Say what you will about the "uniform police" in the NFL, but at least you don't have this crap happening there without a fine.

Ok, that's my rant. Thanks for listening.

I noticed it happening last year...especially with Mesa. I said something about it on here a few weeks ago and they told me that this isn't a rare occasion and actually happened a lot with Griffey and the Reds. I agree. It looks dumb when some have it and some don't. I wish they all would wear it and put a yellow and black do rag on the pirate instead of red. I'm anxious to see what they say to you.

KISSwall09.jpg

The problem is that majestic is not making the undershirts for the teams anymore. Nike has now taken over as the official undergarment provider to MLB. Therefore, you have some guys wearing last year's majestic stuff and some wearing the new Nike stuff with no patches. The patch on the elbow was a majestic error from last season.

What's bothered me about the Pirate logos is that they are too similar. The living pirate head is the primary, and the skeleton pirate head is the secondary. Couldn't they have come up with something different, like the Buccaneers did with their primary and secondary??

It's obvious this is supposed to be the same pirate. The primary is what the team's state of mind is at the beginning of the season: full of exuberance and aggression towards the coming season...and the skeleton is what he turns into after the Pirates go belly-up in mid-April.

That skeleton logo represents the amount of time a Pirates fan has had to wait since the team actually won anything! For good measure, they should add a cobweb to the skull... B)

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Actually the t-shirts the Pirates are wearing under their jerseys this year are made by Russell with the logo screened on. In past years, it's been a patch. The long sleeved spandex undershirt where you can see the stitching under the armpits I believe is made by Nike. So far, they haven't been customized to include a sleeve logo. Tike Redman wears a different type of spandex undershirt and had the logo patch sewn on his, albeit too low.

that's what I was gonna say. You can see it on the pither, he has a short sleeve shirt,

probably a cotton Russel shirt and then the "underlayer" long sleeve, either Nike Dri-Fit

or Underarmour. Those long sleeve lycra shirts are to wick the moisture away and

I am sure the companies just send them basic black. It's personal preference

about what you want to wear and it's up to the equipment guys to get the patches on there.

If nike or whoever was the "official supplier" they would have to send them with the logos.

That's what we did for the NHL when we did their undershirts.

I forgot to mention that Rawlings supplies the mock turtlenecks, the ones with the team script logo and MLB logo on the neck. There are also no sleeve patches on those unless the teams sew them on themselves.

During Friday night's telecast, FSN Pittsburgh showed Michael Restovich taking BP with the black Nike Dri-Fit on. Logo on the yolk of the neck and on the sleeve. Then they also showed another player wearing it, I believe it was Jack Wilson. During the game, Pittsburgh wore the standard home whites. They had been wearing the black alts for Friday night home games and the pinstripe alts for Sunday home games. However, this weekend they didn't, choosing to stick with the usual home whites for all three games of the Milwaukee series.

What's bothered me about the Pirate logos is that they are too similar. The living pirate head is the primary, and the skeleton pirate head is the secondary. Couldn't they have come up with something different, like the Buccaneers did with their primary and secondary??

I've been thinking the same thing about their logos for a while now. Recently, I did these for the MS Paint contest here on the boards.

Pirates.jpg

Pirates-Logos.jpg

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

Archived