my first (real) logo

leggman01

please let me know what you think - i was inspired by one of the "bees" in madden and sketched this out and scanned it - i then posted it on the request board to see if someone could clean it up and "vectorize" it - when there were no takers, i decided to go ahead and try this myself - i have limited tools (psp8 and paint), so this isn't as slick as some of the others that you'll see - i am (potentially) using this for my fantasy football team - i'll post uniforms later - c&c needed badly (be brutally honest)

jacketlogo3sj7uo.png

jldesigns404eo.png

i think i'm going to leave it arm, leg and feet-less - everything i tried was either to "cartoony" or made my drawing look more complex than i want it...i definately struggled with that though - i have come to the conclusion that this particular yellow jacket gets around by flying exclusively unless someone wants to show me how to do nice, realistic legs that don't clutter the logo :) - thanks - keep it coming!

jldesigns404eo.png

This is a real nice start. I think the first thing that I notice is the head kind of looks like a nascar helmet (if you know what I mean). The eyes look like a shield, and I think that they are out of proportion with the rest of the head. It being arm/legless is slightly akward, but I think you can get away with that, since they aren't essential for the animals "movement."

Maybe a more pronounced stinger, but that isn't necessary. It's a really good start, and I think insects as logos are some of the hardest to do, because of their complexity.

Hope I helped.

Archived