Netherlands Soccer Concept

Seeing that World Cup is about a year away, I thought I'd take a shot at some concepts for some of the more than likely participants...

First up on the list would by my faves in Europe, the Dutch.

To be honest, I don't like the new Nike style of having the number on the front in a big circle...I think it looks silly.

Anyways, I tried to correct that wrong...went with the current trim style (just used orange and white)...did a little addition to the body of the jersey on both strips..

Just bear in mind that this is my first shot at a kit...

netherlands_concept.gif

All I have to add is that Babelfish is my friend :lol:

C&C always appreciated...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Great concept, HCE. I am hoping that Nike is going to come up with something really nice for all the countries that are Nike clients by '06, because the ones they have now are a giant step back. Especially when you see how many teams are stuck with the same weak design. Since the uniforms have a very understated design, maybe a unique number to make them stand out?

Be careful how much trust you put in Babelfish!!! "Duitsland" is the Dutch name of the country we call "Germany" and the Germans call "Deutschland". The country we call "the Netherlands" is called "Nederland" by its own citizens.

And to answer George Costanza's question ("If it's the Netherlands, then what is Holland?"): The Netherlands is often referred to by the name Holland , although this is incorrect; Holland was the economic powerhouse during the time of the United Provinces (1581?1795). After the Napoleonic era, Holland became a mere province of the Kingdom [of the Netherlands, Koninkrijk der Nederlanden in Dutch] and was split into North and South Holland in 1840.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Nice and elegant, but it's missing the critical element of some bright light blue. For the keeper's uniform, perhaps, but there's gotta be some light blue kit in there somewhere.

And pay no mind to people who correct you for calling it "Holland." When the Nederlandse team goes to international competition, such as last year's Euro 2004, Dutch fans just say (and cover every fixed surface in the nation with signs reading) "Hup Holland" anyway.

Mmmmm ... memories of Euro 2004 orange cream tarts from the Albert Heijn on Sarphatistraat. Yum.

20082614447.png

Wow, I've got the same idea that you've got Hatcity. I've been doing soccer concepts because I've got Oranje/Football fever, even though the cup's in a year. But I like this. It looks NOTHING like the Netherlands' concept I'll soon be posting, but I love the fact that you used the lion as a strip detail. 2 thumbs up :grin:

Be careful how much trust you put in Babelfish!!! "Duitsland" is the Dutch name of the country we call "Germany" and the Germans call "Deutschland". The country we call "the Netherlands" is called "Nederland" by its own citizens.

Yes, but he actually got it correct. the World Cup IS Germany 2006.

I should have mentioned this...

On the badge detail, it reads (translating from the Dutch)...

FIFA World Cup

Germany 2006

I've heard of teams doing this on their kits for the World Cup (most noteably the English)...thought it might be a nice little touch here..

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

All language goofs aside, I kinda like this concept.

I'm glad you stayed away from black, which the Dutch haven't been doing in a long time. I like the semi-transparent Dutch logo on the jerseys, also; a cool touch, very Portugal 2004-like. I love the idea of an all-white kit, and dig the orange socks. I also agree that the badge detail is a nice touch, but the font is too plain, IMO. Same goes for the college block number font; soccer (especially Nike) is trying to come out with fresher, more modern jerseys, and it all starts with fonts. Finally, what program did you use to make these? There are a couple of great soccer templates for Illustrator, better than those you used (which is entirely not your fault).

With all that said, I really like the work put out; great presentaion, solid effort, terrific job!

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Dude...

So very sorry. I just got your intent with the "Duitsland 2006" label. I thought you were refering to the nation whose jersey you made, not the host of the next World Cup.

I am full of shame.

The concept is still brilliant, however I am a moron. :blush:

And for the record, you can call it Holland for all I care - it was meant in jest for the Seinfeldphiles out there. Similarly with Myanmar, or as J. Peterman said, "...you probably know it as Burma." :P

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived