Baseball Tour

no97

I'm still looking for some for KC. It looks like we'll have a bit of time there, as we wake up in Columbia, MO, and leave for the Negro League HOF at 9 a.m.

Here's some Columbia, MO advice. Seeing as how you're spending the night there, you'll certainly have time to stop by Shakespeare's Pizza at the corner of Ninth and Elm - unbelievably excellent pizza. If burgers are more your thing, walk a couple of blocks up Ninth and go to Booches - an authentic pool hall that's been open since the 30's and purveyors of the finest hamburgers in the Midwest. You'll want at least two, that's how good they are.

As for KC, Arthur Bryant's and Gates are the two big BBQ restaurants up there, but if you're looking for a really good sit-down restaurant with top notch BBQ, try Fiorello's Jack Stack which is in the Crown Center-Union Station area of downtown.

As for KC, Arthur Bryant's and Gates are the two big BBQ restaurants up there, but if you're looking for a really good sit-down restaurant with top notch BBQ, try Fiorello's Jack Stack which is in the Crown Center-Union Station area of downtown.

The man knows what he is talking about.

One last bump - I leave Thursday. Again, Cincy Fri., St. Lou Sat., KC Sun., Arlington Mon., Houston Tue., N' Orleans Wed., and Hotlanta Thu. Ballgames each day except in the French Quarter Wed.

Thanks again for those suggestions already in. I need stuff within walking distance of the park that I could do immediatly before or after the game...

Moose

Arrowhead Stadium is within walking distance, nothing else is except for I-70 and St. Louis' park - but that's a long walk, so don't try it. The ONLY unfortunate thing about the Royal's Stadium is its lcated 15-20 minutes west of the downtown, the only drawbak to the whole incredible complex.

Have fun wandering around downtown, check out Union Station and the Liberty Memorial, and the new library downtown around 10th street or so is impressive too.

Thus why we need a Downtown Ballpark in Kansas City.

You can drive by the dirt that will be the Sprint Center in Downtown. It's at 14th and Grand Boulevard. You'll see the spot where it will be and across the street (west) where the "Power and Light" district will be. It's a nice shopping and lifestyle area being constructed next to the new H&R Block World HQ.

Kansas City is on the move BABY!

When in Cincinnati, make sure that you eat at LaRosa's Pizza, Gold Star Chili (stay away from Skyline Chili, no matter what is told you about being the "best in town"), and if you are in for a great, sit-down meal, Montgomery Inn is just a few blocks from GABP. The ribs and BBQ rival Kansas City's and St. Louis BBQ. Also, Koch's Sporting Goods on 4th Street is a great place to kill an hour or two. If they don't have it, and can't reproduce it, you don't need it. :P

Instead of starting another thread, I'll post a sendoff here... I'm off to meet my traveling partner (my Dad) in Chicago tomorrow, and we fly to Cincy Fri. morning. I'll be back home July 11th. Happy Canada Day :flagcanada: and 4th of July :flagusa: to all, and see you at the All-Star Break!

Moose

Archived