Miller Park Wall

rmackman

Is it just me or in the few years Miller Park has been in service they've changed the wall from green to All-Star patterned, back to gree, then to blue?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The Tigers moved their bullpen two years ago. I was watching a game last week and they said in the time since the move 99 balls have gone into the area where the bullpen is now, the area between the old OF wall and the new one. That's alot of extra HR's that probably would have been outs before. I think they said it was almost even for both the Tigers and opponents, so no real advantage for Detroit.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

they actaully just moved the fence in, and that area was vacant until they built the bullpens this offseason, after 2 season of debate as to what to do with it. The area that was the bullpens in right has been filled in with seats. Looks pretty good, IMO.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Wish the Phillies would move their walls back some. Knuckleheads built the park so that they can't, though.

Morans.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Tigers moved their bullpen two years ago. I was watching a game last week and they said in the time since the move 99 balls have gone into the area where the bullpen is now, the area between the old OF wall and the new one. That's alot of extra HR's that probably would have been outs before. I think they said it was almost even for both the Tigers and opponents, so no real advantage for Detroit.

Got any pics? I mean the bullpen can take some of the space. But, expand the seats now down there. Almost a knothole gang seats. I recall once the Raiders left Oakland, the A's did that for a few seasons.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The bullpen takes all of the space. It actaully looks kind of like what they did at US Cellular Field. No, I dont have any pics, but I'm sure there are some on www.detroittigers.com

Didn't the Tigers move the outfield walls in because they wanted to keep Juan Gonzales, and that was his biggest complaint? They did the work and he skipped town...They should have left the outfield they way it was IMO

That's exactly the reason they did it, and most people up here seem to agree with you. The only good that came out of this, though, is that we no longer have to look at the two tiered bullpen in right. It was cool when it was only in Baltimore, but after that it became another copycat idea.

I would love to be able to see a game up at both Comerica and Miller Parks. I just hope that they can find someplace down here for the Marlins to build something like that other than next to the Orange Bowl.

Archived