Anaheim ?

...but I do not understand why people get upset if they are called Los Angeles.

I do.

Three words: Los.....Angeles.....Kings.

It's the same reason Dodger fans are somewhat unhappy with the Angels. They're encroaching on the LA team's territory, so to speak. It's not that there's anything illegal or constitutionally wrong about it, it's just that you picked the name "Anaheim," now live with it.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A city of 328,014 is not a small city compaired to all municipalities. It IS a small city when looking at U. S. cities with a sport franchise in the 4 major sports. Bigger than Green Bay, granted, but still at the bottom end of the list.

Think of this. If thry changed the name to ducks, they would have to change the logo too, because that logo is distinctly mighty ducks. How lame would a duck for a logo be? There is a reason they are the MIGHTY ducks, everyone knows the reason, and that is why they should either stay the Mighty Ducks or change the identity altogether.

Think of this. If thry changed the name to ducks, they would have to change the logo too, because that logo is distinctly mighty ducks. How lame would a duck for a logo be? There is a reason they are the MIGHTY ducks, everyone knows the reason, and that is why they should either stay the Mighty Ducks or change the identity altogether.

I'm confused. Why would they have to change their logo?

Think of this. If thry changed the name to ducks, they would have to change the logo too, because that logo is distinctly mighty ducks. How lame would a duck for a logo be? There is a reason they are the MIGHTY ducks, everyone knows the reason, and that is why they should either stay the Mighty Ducks or change the identity altogether

its a duck shaped goalie masked. i dont see the "mighty" in it

Think of this. If they changed the name to ducks, they would have to change the logo too, because that logo is distinctly mighty ducks. How lame would a duck for a logo be? There is a reason they are the MIGHTY ducks, everyone knows the reason, and that is why they should either stay the Mighty Ducks or change the identity altogether.

How is the logo "distinctively" Mighty Ducks?

The Disney movie came out in 1992, and the fictional team in that movie wore jerseys and logos with no resemblance to the Disney-owned NHL team that began in 1993. The NHL logo and uniforms were designed after the first Mighty Ducks movie. The fictional team naturally changed their uniforms to match those of the NHL team for D2 and D3, but that's as overt a crossover marketing idea as Disney's remake of "Angels in the Outfield", supplanting the Pittsburgh Pirates (the team from the original movie in B&W) with the Disney-owned California Angels (SURPRISE!).

Yeah, the logo bears more than a passing resemblance to Donald Duck, but it's just a duck-shaped goalie mask. Nothing mighty about it, and like I said, the movie team existed before the real NHL team, and the fictional team is the one that adopted the uniforms of the real team after it came into existence.

As for how lame it must be to root for a team whose mascot is a duck, you'd better go ask the tens of thousands of fans and alumni of the University of Oregon. I don't think it's even a little bit lame, and I bet they don't, either.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived