Soccer uniform for the family

rmered

In another thread I showed off my family crest vectorising project.

It was agreed that the best use of it for sports purposes was a soccer uniform.

I went for a version of Shrewsbury Town, as that's where my family were from in England, before moving to Australia in the 1850's.

Lion-soccer.gif

All feedback welcomed.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Sharp! Are the colors your family colors or Shrewsbury Town's? Online Shrewsbury Town's looked more royal and yellow.

That's going to inspire my own family kit. With family colors of black and white, I guess Newcastle uniforms are almost a given for Team Driscoll. We're not Croatian, but I may go for the checkerboard design instead.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Sharp! Are the colors your family colors or Shrewsbury Town's? Online Shrewsbury Town's looked more royal and yellow.

That's going to inspire my own family kit. With family colors of black and white, I guess Newcastle uniforms are almost a given for Team Driscoll. We're not Croatian, but I may go for the checkerboard design instead.

The shield was in a dark blue, and I preferred Shrewsbury's gold to the yellow on the shield.

I added maroon because I felt it needed another dark colour, and most looked rubbish with the dark blue.

Maybe that should be the next project, everyone's own family soccer kit.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I'd be game for that.

And the Blinking Earl is an awesome avatar. Just got the 3rd Red Meat book this week. It's awesome. My wife doesn't get it, but she cringes when she reads it. So that's good.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I'd be game for that.

And the Blinking Earl is an awesome avatar. Just got the 3rd Red Meat book this week. It's awesome. My wife doesn't get it, but she cringes when she reads it. So that's good.

Our wives could meet and shop together while we talked logos and weird comics.

Red Meat is funny as all get up.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

In the spirit of supporting another Red Meat junkie, I'll throw these out.

Admittedly, the family colors left me shorthanded, but I tried to make the most out of black & white. Our crest is very hard to vectorize, since it's just the ship, with 3 masts and all the rigging is shown for the sails, so there're a lot of fine lines everywhere. Choosing Ireland's national airline to sponsor Driscoll United the way rmered used QANTAS is strictly coincidental. Newcastle was a pretty obvious choice to model after, but there may be otehr ideas.

This would make a great contest... I would have to clean this up for submission, and I just got a copy of AI 7.0 ($20 with a new digital camera), but for now I paint ghetto-style with my MSPaint. C&C is always encouraged and appreciated.

driscollsoccer.png

2007nleastchamps.png

Haha, no, we were free settlers.

There was this thing about telling farmers about all the land in Australia, and how there was help available from those transported.

It wasn't exactly slave labour, but it was close.

It's regarded as cool to be descended from convicts down here.

And I'm not that cool.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Do you think there'd be enough interest in this to start up a contest? It's a great idea for those of us with family crests, and I agree with you, that soccer kits would make the best use of crests.

2007nleastchamps.png

Archived