Trading Places Part 4

Ez Street

Well here is yet another Trading Places concept. This time we are packing up the Preds and moving them from Nashville to Lovely Downtown Kansas City, Mo.

predatorsconcept.gif

In the secondary logo is a couple of the "Sky Stations" that are on top of Bartle Hall Convention center in Downtown KC. I used them before and I figured they would work in place of the Gaylor Entertainment Tower in the current Preds scheme.

Sky Stations:Click Here

Got rid of the Triangle on the away (white) jersey. Always thought it was out of place on it.

Comments?

i personally prefer the blue triangle on the preds roads... that's why i like that jersey. for some reason, it just really like the way it looks.

did you change the design of the alternate jersey?

the way you have the graphic makes it look like 1 layer of mesh (like your average hockey jersey), in the yellow color used on the home and road... the current jersey is a more faded color of yellow as the top layer of mesh, while the bottom layer of mesh if navy blue. it's a really unique jersey, really... ugly or not, it's unique.

did that change, or is it just difficult to show in the graphic representation?

either way, that's a very interesting concept. love the new alternate logo.

this could work for a relocation, or a farm team. either way, it's nice. good job.

I guess I could still wear my preds jersey if they move to KC then. What's this thing called hockey anyway?

Really, could the NHL or NBA survive more then a decade in KC? I like the city (when it isn't 95 degrees), but they really only seem to support the Chiefs for the most part.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

I guess I could still wear my preds jersey if they move to KC then. What's this thing called hockey anyway?

Really, could the NHL or NBA survive more then a decade in KC? I like the city (when it isn't 95 degrees), but they really only seem to support the Chiefs for the most part.

Not true.

The Royals are supported well if you look at attendance per capita. Better than the Yankees even.

NBA/NHL will work in KC. Trust me.

NBA/NHL will work in KC. Trust me.

I wouldn't doubt that at all, since they got that new arena up, I understand.

They did have a great hockey team in the now-defunct IHL, the Kansas City Blades. I saw them play at the Allstate Arena 4 years ago, vs. the Wolves. Good team! It's a shame they disbanded.

I hope that any team that moves there does well. The city is probably significantly larger than when the Kings blew through town. This may be obvious, but the key would seem to be winning right off the bat to attract a fan base. If a team goes in and stinks for a few years, support could dwindle quickly. I know it is the NFL, but Nashville went nuts when the Titans moved into the new stadium with new unis and won their second year in the city, and the support hasn't waned since then.

p.s., I like the adjustments made to the pred's unis.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

I think the concept works but I can't see any modern NHL team relocating and retaining their previous team name. It just doesn't seem to be the current style in modern pro sports.

Archived