Traverse City Ballpark

Ez Street

You've gotta be kidding me. The whole thing looks way too prissy (for lack of a better term). From the outside, it looks more like an apartment building or assisted living facility than a ballpark. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate their attempt to do something different, but there are cases where different isn't good, and this is one of them...

QPR%20Sig.png

You've gotta be kidding me. The whole thing looks way too prissy (for lack of a better term). From the outside, it looks more like an apartment building or assisted living facility than a ballpark. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate their attempt to do something different, but there are cases where different isn't good, and this is one of them...

Well I think their attempt was to make it look like a resort. Something related to their nickname im sure.

I like it, it's different. It is a bit prissy, but I still think it's pretty cool.

You've gotta be kidding me.  The whole thing looks way too prissy (for lack of a better term).  From the outside, it looks more like an apartment building or assisted living facility than a ballpark.  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate their attempt to do something different, but there are cases where different isn't good, and this is one of them...

Well I think their attempt was to make it look like a resort. Something related to their nickname im sure.

I like it, it's different. It is a bit prissy, but I still think it's pretty cool.

I can tell you right now that the design won't win any awards. But since I've never been to Traverse City, I'll take your word for it on the resort thing...

QPR%20Sig.png

You've gotta be kidding me.  The whole thing looks way too prissy (for lack of a better term).  From the outside, it looks more like an apartment building or assisted living facility than a ballpark.  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate their attempt to do something different, but there are cases where different isn't good, and this is one of them...

I can tell you right now that the design won't win any awards. But since I've never been to Traverse City, I'll take your word for it on the resort thing...

Well I've never been there, thats just the impression I get from it.

Wanna design a Ballpark for Topeka, Moser? :D

I'm still working with some folks on the possibility of a Minor League Independent team here. But nothing is for sure yet. I've got a couple of pieces of land that could be great sites for it.

Well I've never been there, thats just the impression I get from it.

Wanna design a Ballpark for Topeka, Moser? :D

I'm still working with some folks on the possibility of a Minor League Independent team here. But nothing is for sure yet. I've got a couple of pieces of land that could be great sites for it.

Get me pictures of the surrounding area and information on the site and I'll see what I can do for you :P

In all seriousness, I'm not a licensed architect, I'm just working my way towards becoming one. However, I've had some ideas for sports facilities brewing in my head that I'd love to put down on paper (time permitting)...

QPR%20Sig.png

right now we are just doing overheads with the "Footprint" of Community America Ballpark. That way we can see if a Ballpark would fit in certain areas.

If you wanna do some "Concepts" just for the hell of it for a portfoloio, I can get you some shots. But I've talked to the "Interested Party" about a stadium, and they'd propbably use HOK or someone like that.

Send me a PM or E-Mail if you are interested.

Perhaps this is an attempt to use the surrounding architecture?

Like has been said, I wonder what the rest of the town looks like.

I think its a good idea to stick with what's in the area. If you look at the new Busch Stadium, the brickwork is identical to the nearby Westin Hotel and other buildings in St. Louis. My old alma matter has built 2 new buildings (a sports center and a library) and they used the same exterior limestone brick of the 60s era dorms and it looks perfect.

If its a modest town and all buildings share this look, I think it'd almost be an eyesore to be built completely out of red brick like many minor league parks are today.

This looks like a very small park. I personally think it works in this setting.

Archived