T.S. Cindy damages AMS

Cyclopsis Joe

I saw it this morning (2 AM) when I was cruising CNN's site.

SI.com

They said Tropical Storm Cindy, now it says Tornado, whatever.

Anyway: This really bites, they have a race in a couple months during the Chase For the Cup and I really hope they can get the track ready. Well, the track is unharmed, but a lot of the signs, the grandstands out of the trioval are messed up, the scoring tower was knocked down, etc.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

As long as the track didn't get damaged it should be o.k.

Unfortunately, I don't think an Atlanta has sold out a race in a while so the seating shouldn't be a huge problem.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I saw it this morning (2 AM) when I was cruising CNN's site.

SI.com

They said Tropical Storm Cindy, now it says Tornado, whatever.

Anyway: This really bites, they have a race in a couple months during the Chase For the Cup and I really hope they can get the track ready. Well, the track is unharmed, but a lot of the signs, the grandstands out of the trioval are messed up, the scoring tower was knocked down, etc.

if anything they'll postpone the race until after Homestead

8prlQWA.png

i read in my local newspaper that it was a tornado associated with T.S. Cindy and that the track will be ready in time for the next Cup race at Atlanta

Yeah, the tornado came with the remnants of Cindy. I remember the biggest sports news here was whether or not the track was damaged. Thank God it wasn't, ALOT of people would've been depressed.

But yeah, $40 million in damage is a pretty hard check to pay.

Archived