New NHL.com Unveiled (featuring new shield)

BroadSt_Bully

I don't know if even Microsoft could make a blue that ugly....

The new logo is good, though. I hope people give it a chance. I know it's not tradition, but sometimes change is necessary so that things don't get too boring. The NHL needs all the PR help it can get. Changing the logo and web site (which they'll have to change again soon) is nothing compared to what they need to do.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Had any of you designers come up with a concept of the new logo? And if so, was there a thread? I'd love to see what you guys came up with (and if you kept orange, or chose a different color scheme).

Had any of you designers come up with a concept of the new logo? And if so, was there a thread? I'd love to see what you guys came up with (and if you kept orange, or chose a different color scheme).

I tried to hold a contest last August for a whole new design package, but everyone who said they'd participate backed out or didn't do anything.

Not that anyone cares, but here's the link to the thread:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=11389&hl=

I'm sure there will be new logo's for each of the confrences. The East and West will probably be redesigned, same with each devision within them. I'd love to see a 10 game series type thing where you have all 6 Canadian teams play each other in a kind of a mini competition that counts towards the season total of points, and a paralelle thing in the states, like all the southern teams against each other, northern teams agaisnt each other, etc. Of course, nothing would be an Original 6 type of matchup/competition thing!! :D

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived