some info on mo state....

i was listening to the morning sports talk thursday and they had assistant lady bears coach stephanie guidi on, and she said that the basketball teams (i think she said the men were also) would be wearing nike and that the lady bears uniforms were being designed speifically by nike (i'm not sure if it's the stock style or a completely new style). she also said the wordmark for the men would be "missouri state" like it is on the logo, while the women would have "missouri" in a arched font with "state" straight across and below "missouri".

sms.gif

so southwest missouri state takes away the southwest from their name and all of a sudden they think they are up there with the oklahoma and florida states of the world.....honestly im not sure what the point of this name change is. All of my friends that go there and everyone else in missouri will likely continue to call it SMS. Oh well maybe i'm just bitter because i go to SouthEAST missouri state and am a bit biased.

p.s. no offense to you 1991....this is interesting information about the bball uniforms thanks for relaying it to everyone on the boards.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

so southwest missouri state takes away the southwest from their name and all of a sudden they think they are up there with the oklahoma and florida states of the world.....honestly im not sure what the point of this name change is. All of my friends that go there and everyone else in missouri will likely continue to call it SMS. Oh well maybe i'm just bitter because i go to SouthEAST missouri state and am a bit biased.

p.s. no offense to you 1991....this is interesting information about the bball uniforms thanks for relaying it to everyone on the boards.

I'm a lil' excited bout the new name, but still am a lifelong SEMO Fan!! Go Ind..er..Redhawks! (Still getting used to that change :rolleyes: )

I think it's a good change for SMS. Being down there for 3 weeks this summer, and having a student there as my RA, I think he'll be able to start calling it MSU fairly easily. I imagine that will happen with most others also. It's kinda like when arena's get sponsers and lose their traditional name. Everybody says they're gonna keep calling it (okay, this is the only example I have first hand...) Kiel, but everyone really starts calling it Savvis unless they're stubborn and think about it everytime.

Plus, I think this is good for the school. One, it actually is already big enough to lose the regional title. Two, the new title will help it grow even more. I can tell you as a high school senior looking for big university as opposed to a small one (even though small schools can often be quite good), Missouri State would automatically appeal more to me than Southwest Missouri State. Now, that's not actually the case, because I happen to know something about the school already, but had I not, I may not have looked at the school with a regional name because regional names don't give off big university vibes to me.

Anyways, that's all I've got...

...i'm just bitter because i go to SouthEAST missouri state and am a bit biased...

Broseph, if I went to SEMO - I'd be bitter, too. :P

Thanks for the update, 1991. I hadn't heard that yet. I'm glad they're doing the "Missouri State" on the jerseys...or at least I was until I saw the font they're using. I can't wait to see the new b-ball unis...but first it's football time, and hockey.

Go MO State!

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Archived