Cubs uniform error

CubsFanBudMan

In Matt Lawton's first at-bat as a Cub, he went up to the plate with no C on his helmet. By the time he batted again, someone had added the logo.

...or maybe he just changed helmets!

Anyhow, I still find it fascinating that the Cubs batting helmets do not use traditional decals, but some sort of patch or something that does not lie flat on the helmet.

What's the deal?

In Matt Lawton's first at-bat as a Cub, he went up to the plate with no C on his helmet. By the time he batted again, someone had added the logo.

...or maybe he just changed helmets!

Anyhow, I still find it fascinating that the Cubs batting helmets do not use traditional decals, but some sort of patch or something that does not lie flat on the helmet.

Whats's the deal?

Go read Paul Lukas' uniwatch archive over on ESPN page 2. He discussed this issue in detail last month.

Never had time? Isn't that his job? Well, not making time to do that is a mistake, in my opinion. He looked like a Little Leaguer. And besides, it's a sticker, embroidered or not -- it's not like he had to sew it on. I see "Lawton" got stitched on his uni OK.

Just goes to show you what I miss when I turn down the TV and listen to Pat Hughes and Ron Santo on the radio instead. (No offense Len and Bob -- I used to do it to Vin Scully on the game of the week so I could listen to Harry Caray on the radio.)

Archived