Mets uni error (I think)

Shmitt

I was watching the Mets game tonight and when Pedro Martinez came up to bat I noticed the skyline logo on his sleeve was missing a couple of baseball stitches and the top row didn't meet the orange outline circle on the left side. You know what I mean with the orange stitches blending in with the orange outline.

NYM_1234.gif

I searched Yahoo for a pic of it during the game but could not find a good shot. Then, much to my chagrin <_< , Braden Looper came in and lost the game, but not before I noticed his logo had the same missing stiches... on BOTH sides of the top row. And much to my delight ^_^ , there's a pic of it.

bradenstitcherror2mc.jpg

If you look very closely at it, you can see the noticeable gap between the top row of stitches and the outline on the right.

But while I was searching around I found a pic of Mike Piazza the previous night's game that caught my eye, too.

piazza0tu.jpg

Piazza's jersey appears to have that stitch error too and his Empire State Building has no top. Now, the Mets just started a homestand and probably got some new uniforms for most or all of the players and I'm thinking they got some shotty needlework done to them in the factory. Pure specualtion on my part, but I've never seen something stick out so badly on a Mets uniform (besides the color black and players wearing black undershirts with the blue caps).

If anyone was watching the past 2 days and saw this, please say so or please say how mental I'm going over this. :hockeysmiley:

njd.gifnym.gifpats3gr8.jpg

well i can't answer the logo questions but i can disprove your uniform theory because each MLB team gets two sets of each uniform per half of the season.

example...the mets would get two home uniforms, two road uniforms and likely one alternate jersey for the first half of the season and then they would get identical uni sets but brand new for the second half.

If you research it, the patches have probably been like that since the all star break.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

well i can't answer the logo questions but i can disprove your uniform theory because each MLB team gets two sets of each uniform per half of the season.

example...the mets would get  two home uniforms, two road uniforms and likely one alternate jersey for the first half of the season and then they would get identical uni sets but brand new for the second half.

If you research it, the patches have probably been like that since the all star break.

Well, I don't really care how they got to be that way (and I really didn't know that was the moderation the uniforms are distributed), I'm just asking if anyone else is seeing what I'm seeing. And if that's the only jersey they have until October... ugh, why must we Mets fans be punished further. :(

njd.gifnym.gifpats3gr8.jpg

Well, I don't really care how they got to be that way (and I really didn't know that was the moderation the uniforms are distributed), I'm just asking if anyone else is seeing what I'm seeing. And if that's the only jersey they have until October... ugh, why must we Mets fans be punished further. :(

Dude, no. I was not paying attention to how many stitches were in the ball on a patch and if they touched the orange border. I was watching the game (go figure). Then I threw a brick through my TV when Looper came in.

"...and you want to be my latex salesman."

vandelay.jpg

Archived