Sault Memorial Gardens Commemorative Patch

OHLArenaGuide

It looks like it was designed, very quickly, in Photoshop or even Paint by someone who is not familiar with all the tools, nor with any sort of design education.

well, ive seen plenty of people with a design education that couldnt make anything that nice. one thing they dont mention at design schools and universities is that you have to have some artistic ability in order to be a good designer. theyre still happy to take youre money though.

as for the logo....i smell concepts

A tower in a tower?

Looks like a tower wearing a bath towel with the arena emblazed on it. :shocked: I'm sure it was designed with good intentions, but it would be better if the "Arena in the tower" didn't look as if they were two separate structures (which the tower will be next year when the Gardens are razed and the tower remains). Add some depth and shadow to the tower design, including adding emphasis to the vertical pillars that are part of the tower.

But despite the logo, at least it's good that the Greyhounds are at least honoring the old Gardens in some way, and I'm sure the logo is only the start of the honors. I was in the Soo 6 years ago and took in a Greyhounds-Kitchener game. No, the small wooden seats were not the best, but it was a nice, intimate arena to take in a hockey game. Sitting two rows behind the dashers on the blue line sure added to the intimacy and excitement. BTW, the beacon does glow red after a Greyhounds win, as it does on the logo and as it did that night I attended.

By the way, the city of Sault Ste Marie web site has a page devoted to the new Sports and Entertainment Centre, including floor/seating plans and a live camera of the construction site.

http://www.cityssm.on.ca/csd/commcentr/Mul...ewgard_main.htm

Archived