Ot and urgent: looking for work

nitroseed

Hey guys, I hate doing this but I'm asking for your help on this. I've recently had a client pull out of our contract and I'm in a bit of a bind. I just moved into a new apartment, and I am somewhat desperate for work, since I now have very little income. If any of you know someone who needs any websites, logos or any other design-related work done for a reasonable fee, please let me know. My email address is brad@nitroseed.net. Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

And on a somewhat bittersweet note, I obviously have more time now to do some personal projects I've been trying to get to (a.k.a. your logo requests)! Those should be coming around soon.

Thanks again, guys.

nitroseed - sorry to hear about your difficulties. I got laid off in June 2001, it sucks to be struggling.

You might check out something like elance.com or one of the other freelance "ebays." I managed a couple of jobs off there while I was unemployed, althought he monthly fee sucks.

When I got layed off in March of 2001, I quickly got a job delivering pizzas during the evening to make sure I was keeping a little money in my pocket.

Then I just hit the pavement looking for freelance work as well as a 9-5'er. I'm not sure where you're located, but Denver is a little oversaturated with design studios, so it was tough going trying to get a job while studios were folding left and right. But thankfully it finally payed off and I found a job with a little studio that was growing.

It's cliche, but keep workin' it man. Your work is good enough that you will find work if you just keep at it.

Brad:

I'm in need of a new identity package for my amateur sports organization (organization logo, league logos, web site, perhaps even some team logos).

We can't pay much, but it might help keep some cash coming in while at the same time building your sports-related portfolio.

Drop me a line at themadmac @ coltsport.com and we can go from there.

nav-logo.png

Man, I can totally relate.  I've been looking for work since I graduated in May (with a masters degree, no less), and the market has been so crappy here that I've been able to find nothing in my field.  Now, I'm sending my resume to every company advertising for a CAD monkey and I'm looking outside of my hometown of Milwaukee (specifically Washington DC) for architectural jobs.

QPR%20Sig.png

• 5 weeks later...

Archived