Dolphins all-white on road?

SteveR

Just saw some highlights of last night's Miami-Pittsburgh game and the Dolphins were wearing white jerseys AND white pants.

That would appear to be the first time in a long time that they weren't wearing the aqua pants when wearing white jerseys in a road game. (The white-white combo was a home exclusive)

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

This is just a theory, but perhaps the Dolphins just want to save some money and not buy two sets of pants for pre-season. I noticed that the Jaguars wore all white on Saturday too....last year they always wore black pants with the white jerseys.

When you have to outfit an extra 40 or so players who will be gone by opening day, it seems to make sense to be as economical as possible.

I've often wondered about this. For example, the Patriots this year play exhibition games on the road at Cincinnati and Green Bay, two teams that wear dark at home. If the Patriots were to decide to wear white for their own two home games, they wouldn't have to buy a navy jersey, silver pants and navy socks for a bunch of guys who'll be off the team in a couple of weeks. That's got to equal some cost savings, I would think....not to mention make life a whole lot easier for the equipment staff.

It's a nice theory, but I think NFL teams can afford two sets of pants for players in the pre-season. Plus I'm pretty sure that Reebok supplies the stuff for a price close to free as part of their exclusive agreement. I'd bet that the equipment managers already have everything in stock well before preseason games begin.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It's just whatever they feel like doing. Last week they wore white on aqua. The first game they wore aqua on white. I'm sure there was no real reason to wear white on white, but I've seen them do it on the road before.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived