Missouri State's new logos

Kess

A poster at the letsgobears. com Football Forum found a PDF document with all of Missouri State University's new logos. They had been released to the public, but the only copies available were horribly small and low-res...terrible for concepts. These PDFs work much better.

The whole thing is a 28-page document put out by the University as it prepares for the name change from Southwest Missouri State University to Missouri State University. It details appropriate and inappropriate uses of the logos, proper shade of maroon, etc. Some of the fans' favorite logos (the "MSU with wordmark" and "M") will likely not appear on merchandise. The booklet says use of the "MSU with wordmark": is strongly discouraged for use on merchandise, apparel and electronic documents. Its use will be considered on a case-by-case basis, but rarely will it be approved."

Bummer. I think the "MSU" would look great on its own, as would the "M." Put it on hats, unis, t-shirts, sweatshirts...a lot of Bears fans would eat it up.

I initially was down on these new marks...but with the name change just five days away, they're growing on me.

And Mockba has often asked about reversing the colors on the Bear head, making it mostly white...that is forbidden on page 11.

It's an interesting read. Here's the link:

http://www.smsu.edu/namechange/logos/retrievedownload.asp

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Most major colleges and universites have Graphics & Standards Manuals like this one, and they pretty much cover the same things in the SMS file. Some are smart and use jpgs for the athletic marks. Others aren't so crafty.

Good find.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

And Mockba has often asked about reversing the colors on the Bear head, making it mostly white...that is forbidden on page 11.

You ask one time, and it becomes "often"... :P

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

quite a bit off topic but...

I really wish colleges would get more creative with their letterhead. I've seen upteen of these graphic standards and they all have the logo at top centered or left aligned, text on the bottom. I'd just like to see something, a watermark, vertical text, something creative just once from sometehing that isn't an art school.

Archived