Rams throwback concept

rams_99

• 3 weeks later...

Nice job...great concept to have the rams revert back to their old blue and white of the 1060's...to make it authentic remember the Rams wore white at home durring that time and their jerseys featured the ram horn on the arms but when they did wear their blue jerseys, those did not feature the ram strip but rather two regular white stripes seperated by a blue stripe. (I wish I could find a photo to show this..does anyone have a photo of both their white and blue jerseys of this period to show the stripe difference?) Madden didnt include this either so dont feel bad...I love your work on this and agree that the rams should go back to wearing their classic blue and white.

shoot, the first two remind me how boring I think the Rams' 60s uniform was. I prefer their 50s uniform, even the post-57 version when they were forced to drop the golds.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Nice job...great concept to have the rams revert back to their old blue and white of the 1060's...to make it authentic remember the Rams wore white at home durring that time and their jerseys featured the ram horn on the arms but when they did wear their blue jerseys, those did not feature the ram strip but rather two regular white stripes seperated by a blue stripe. (I wish I could find a photo to show this..does anyone have a photo of both their white and blue jerseys of this period to show the stripe difference?)  Madden didnt include this either so dont feel bad...I love your work on this and agree that the rams should go back to wearing their classic blue and white.

Personally I was never a fan of the blue and white look - too bland. They changed back to blue and yellow and introduced the ram horn jerseys when I was 11, and I was always a fan of them until players started doing away with sleeves on the jerseys.

I do remember the jerseys of the blue and white era (circa 1966 through 1972). The white jerseys didn't have a ram horn; it was just a solid shoulder stripe (like the Colts white jersey but with the center stripe filled in). The blue jersey was kind of like the Cowboy's blue jersey, but the TV numbers were on the sleeve and larger and the two white stripes were narrower.

No pictures of the blue jersey, but several pictures of the white jersey of that era on the Sports Ecylopedia L.A. Rams photo page at this link:

Sports Ecyclopedia L. A. Rams photos

Edit - I had one photo live-linked but couldn't remember if he allows live links.

Still looking for a picture of the blue jersey.

Thanks for the photos John in Ky. You are so correct, my memory had the white jerseys as having the RAM stripe on them but looking at your photos it is indeed simply a thick blue stripe..how interesting.

You are also exactly correct about their blue jerseys...they were very similar to the Cowboys of the time..funny neither of them were worn often too.

Thanks for the insight!

Archived