Question about NCAA jerseys

schwep76

I bought the tackle twill version of Georgia's new unis...

http://www.footballfanatics.com/fanstore.t...407C3C743231B1A

I can tell that it's definitely a high quality jersey because it has the shiny material down to below the number, then it changes to mesh, and it has sewn on numbers and all that...but the weird part to me is that the back numbers are so high up on the jersey. There are only 3 inches between the top of the back numbers and the collar. It leaves no room for a nameplate. Is this standard on college jerseys so that you can't put a name on there?

I know, that's what I was wondering. I can see why the numbers would be there, because they are perfectly centered between the collar and the point where the mesh changes to the shiny material. But I was wondering if they modify the length of the mesh for the jerseys available for sale to ensure you can't put a name on yourself.

I know they can't sell them with a name...so I was wondering if they move the numbers up to ensure that you can't get a name on there at all, by means of sewing it on yourself.

Anyone else have a twilled jersey from another team? Are your back numbers unnecessarily high on the jersey?

Thing is, you got a high quality twilled version of a replica (I realize it has the two different materials, but it's not the same as an authentic, trust me - an authentic is going to be much heavier material). You did not get an authentic...

I couldn't find a Georgia authentic on-line, so, maybe they aren't available, but Eastbay sells Miami, Michigan, Ohio State, Oklahoma, USC and Texas authentics, and they are $120-150, not $70...

I wouldn't expect a replica to be the same as an authentic (and, as mentioned, the authentics that are available, come with a nameplate attached). There's a reason what you have is $50-80 less than an authentic...

Moose

Archived