Silver Pants being used less? (football)

devilray2k1

I don't know if I need to just go get an eye exam or what but more and more it seems like teams in college and pro football are shying away from silver pants and leaning towards grey.

I'm watching the OSU/Texas game and their pants have no sheen on them at all. I remember their pants always being silver...now they just seem drab. Also, watching the Patriots/Raiders game it seemed like the Raiders pants were shiny but the patriots pants were more greyish...

Try to pay attention when watching teams with silver pants and see if you notice...

I played football in high school and our pants looked like they were made out of sterling silver thread or something...oh well...I guess that look is just "out" now...

I don't know if I need to just go get an eye exam or what but more and more it seems like teams in college and pro football are shying away from silver pants and leaning towards grey.

I'm watching the OSU/Texas game and their pants have no sheen on them at all. I remember their pants always being silver...now they just seem drab. Also, watching the Patriots/Raiders game it seemed like the Raiders pants were shiny but the patriots pants were more greyish...

Try to pay attention when watching teams with silver pants and see if you notice...

I played football in high school and our pants looked like they were made out of sterling silver thread or something...oh well...I guess that look is just "out" now...

I think you are correct. Just off the top of my head, in the NFL, the Seahawks, Eagles, and Falcons all recently dropped silver pants. The Giants, who added silver / gray to their scheme went with flat gray. In college, Ohio St. ditched silver in favor of gray. I don't know how many other teams dropped silver, but I have definately noticed it too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

in some cases I can see it as an improvement, but I hate how in sports if someone does something, then EVERYBODY has to do it....

the Giants flat grey look works for what they're trying to do which is go with a vintage look...

but OSU? they've got those glittery silvery helmets and then grey pants. It just stands out.

I saw Kansas State and they're still wearing the silvers and it looks great...but more and more the 'ol silvers are getting canned.

Georgia went this route last year - this is their second year with the flat gray instead of metallic silver. I'm currently watching the Arizona State/LSU game, and ASU is wearing flat yellow pants, contrasting with LSU's metallic yellow pants.

It seems to be a Nike thing; all these new flat pants also don't have laces in the front.

but the colleges are all upgrading to metallic or glittery helmets and then taking the sheen out of the jerseys and pants which makes no sense to me

Kansas seems to be one of the few teams bucking that trend. I think they look pretty sharp aside from the overly wide stripe on the pants.

sm_herford_run_t450.jpg

Archived