New Arsenal Kit

Thierry Henry

I recently bought the new Arsenal jersey from eBay, and it seems a bit dodgy. The seller has not negative feedback, saying it's fake, and it came with the Nike tages. However, there are a few things, like I said, that were wierd. If anyone knows about Premiership jerseys, please say, becasue I have pictures I can post.

thetable1gh.png

GO ARSENAL!

GO RED SOX!

If you can post the photos, someone around here can probably give it a good look and tell you for sure. I'm not saying that someone would be me; there are some here that are far more versed in soccer jerseys than I am.

arsenalkit0012fp.th.jpg

arsenalkit0026kz.th.jpg

arsenalkit0039df.th.jpg

arsenalkit0045zm.th.jpg

arsenalkit0057ch.th.jpg

There they are. There are a few things that look wierd. The white stuff behind the sewing, and the crest itself. The outline is bolder than normal as far as I know, and the blue streaks down the side are WAY uneven if you look closely.

The wierd thing is, they came with the Nike tags, and the T90 neck tag is there.

thetable1gh.png

GO ARSENAL!

GO RED SOX!

Your first mistake is that you bought Arsenal kit (this coming from Crystal Palace fan), and itis a fake. The stiching is done straight to the shirt, and it's supposed to be badge made and just edges stiched to the shirt. Everything is printed7stiched OK, but it looks like material is more shiny, different. When you are buying stuff from the ebay, avoid all South Asia sellers, those tend to be fakes almost all the times, buy from Brits, even some worn shirts, they are always real deal (as all those replicas get real - Nike has different shirt for the field and different for the store, while Umbro has same shirt for players and fans). You'll almost never see an England fan with fake shirt...

You're sure it's fake KC?

It's wierd, because:

The guy bothered to use the real lettering and numbering

It came with the real Nike tags, and as you can see in the pictures, there is a real looking T90 neck marking.

If it is indeed fake, it's extremely well done, but I'm going to see if I can get a refund. The auction said it was a replica, would that be considered a lie?

thetable1gh.png

GO ARSENAL!

GO RED SOX!

I'm not sure sure, only because I don't have that Arsenal shirt, but I have other NIke shirts and that stiching directly to the shirt gives it up. And the fabric just looks wrong. Of course they'll try to knock off exactly the same lettering and everything, otherwise they wouldn't sell. But if it said replica, then it's replica and Idon't think you can get refund, they didn't lie. But wait for Gothamite review.

Archived