Buccaneers.com

bosox

Well, if we allow ourselves to think those that disagree with us are not automatically wrong, we can think something is both funny and unprofessional.

Of course it's funny, but just because it's funny doesn't mean it belongs on a official team website, especially when that team is your opponent. If the Jets put it on their site, it would have been insanely funny, but the Bucs doing it is, as WIB stated, just weak.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Well, if we allow ourselves to think those that disagree with us are not automatically wrong, we can think something is both funny and unprofessional.

Of course it's funny, but just because it's funny doesn't mean it belongs on a official team website, especially when that team is your opponent. If the Jets put it on their site, it would have been insanely funny, but the Bucs doing it is, as WIB stated, just weak.

Unprofessional? Really?

Well, I suppose. As YH pointed out, there was inexcusable black trim around the numbers.

Face it people. This is a business where people get paid a lot of money to put on a little padding and then try and forcefully (nonsurgically) insert their shoulders into the solar plexus of the opponent.

I don't think accusing Herman Edwards of resorting to a child's game to pick his starting QB is that unprofessional. They resort to a child's game to determine the Super Bowl.

Some of their other intros have been far more "unprofessional," but when does an official team site of a football team need to extol the virtues of the opponent?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Of course it's funny, but just because it's funny doesn't mean it belongs on a official team website, especially when that team is your opponent.  If the Jets put it on their site, it would have been insanely funny, but the Bucs doing it is, as WIB stated, just weak.

Unprofessional? Really?

Well, I suppose. As YH pointed out, there was inexcusable black trim around the numbers.

Face it people. This is a business where people get paid a lot of money to put on a little padding and then try and forcefully (nonsurgically) insert their shoulders into the solar plexus of the opponent.

I don't think accusing Herman Edwards of resorting to a child's game to pick his starting QB is that unprofessional. They resort to a child's game to determine the Super Bowl.

Some of their other intros have been far more "unprofessional," but when does an official team site of a football team need to extol the virtues of the opponent?

Thank you, Sy, for putting this all in it's proper perspective...

Does this bother me? HELL NO! I think it's fluffing hilarious...and I'm a diehard JETS fan. Heck, I thought the bit of Herm choosing his QB by playing a game of EenieMeenieMineyMo was pretty close to the mark..heck, sometimes I think that's how he ACTUALLY makes his decisions at times....

Is it unprofessional of the Bucs to be doing this? Not really, IMO. It's SATIRE...c'mon, have we ALL lost our funny bones here? Besides, it's kinda refreshing to see an NFL team doing this especially when for YEARS most of us have called it the "No Fun League" with the way they crack down on some stuff (am I alone in not having much of a problem when a player celebrates a TD and they go over the top?).

Lighten up folks...it's not the end of the world here.

Heck, I've said worse things about my own team than what the Bucs did to em on their site :lol:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

This animation is nothing more than friendly taunting. What is wrong with that?

It doesn't cross any line.

It doesn't use any foul language.

It doesn't rely on any innuendo.

It's as harmless as Bugs Bunny taunting Elmer Fudd.

Unprofessional? It's FUN! What's the big deal?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived