Rochester Americans with new jersey

gbasalmon

I'm not sure if this is one half a new set, or just a new alt, but the Amerks were sporting new whites in their first game of the season, which I spied on R-News in Rochester. Here's a picture from the Amerks' web site...

jacina.jpg

This might be due to the new double affiliation with the Sabres and the Panthers, or not. And also the picture doesn't show the bottom of the jerseys, which was two blue stripes with stars like those on the shoulders in the middle. Also, I believe the socks were just two blue stripes.

EDIT: After closer inspection, it looks like the sleeve and bottom of the jersey stripes are red and blue, not just blue.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

This is the 50th season for the Rochester Americans. Only the Hershey Bears have been around longer in the AHL and only the "original six" are older than the Amerks and Bears in all of pro hockey. Amazing!

The gold was added to commemorate the anniversary. The sleeve stripes, body stripes and sock stripes are as follows: Thin Royal-Thin Gold-Wide Red-Thin Gold-Thin Royal.

The stars on the shoulders and hem are gold with a royal outline. These sweaters have been in the works for some time. The Panthers affiliation was a last-minute deal, so I doubt that it influenced the final design. It would make sense to keep the gold in the uniforms if the Panthers remain for a while. The Americans also have an away blue set of jerseys with the gold accents. :rolleyes:

Shoot! I knew I should have gone to that season opener on Friday.

Well, I'll be at Blue Cross in a week for a game and I might but one of those. If I do, I'll post some photos of it for y'all.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I almost became a total uniform geek in front of my girlfriend. I drive an hour east every weekend from the Buffalo/Niagara Falls/Lockport era out to SUNY Brockport to visit her. I saw the highlights on R-News and I almost commandered her computer right then and there to post it, but I waited until I got home...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

I almost became a total uniform geek in front of my girlfriend. I drive an hour east every weekend from the Buffalo/Niagara Falls/Lockport era out to SUNY Brockport to visit her. I saw the highlights on R-News and I almost commandered her computer right then and there to post it, but I waited until I got home...

Good move!

Here's a good look at it.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

red, blue and gold together's underrated, more teams should use it :)

I like how the Amerks implemented the gold, and I would be all for em goin to this fulltime B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived