New Orleans, Louisiana on the Gulf Coast Saints

BRYWHIT

You make many great points, and do state them intelligently I might add.

I do have to comment on your idea that:

#1 you think it doesn't make sense that in that whole area of LA, there had to be an ownership group that could get their plop together IF they really wanted a team.

I'd have to say that this inference is not correct. They had the two most substantial and promising ownership groups possible, and quite a bit of a buzz, but couldn't get it all to workout. It is well known that people in the LA area exude an attitude of indifference to alot of things. Its the culture of the area. Does it mean that they wouldn't support football because there wasn't a really huge public out cry for football...I don't think so. Could they fill the seats of a brand new stadium if they got a new team....I think so. But thats just my opinion.

They might have had the "two most substantial and promising ownership groups possible," but they couldn't get their act together.

They were guaranteed an NFL team, and yet no viable plan for building a stadium ever got announced. That's pathetic.

And you can't dispute the fact that the city doesn't seem to care. There's never been a single poll of which I'm aware that shows the fans want their own team. That indicates a single lack of interest in the NFL.

I lived in LA for ten years. My father lives there. I still have lots of friends there. I read the papers, and I go back to LA at least once a year. Never have I seen any evidence that the city has an interest in its own team.

I have no doubt that the city could fill the seats. We're not talking about Jacksonville here. But selling seats is only part of the equation, and LA has shown no interest in doing the other things necessary for getting its own team.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived