San Antonio Pioneers

JetsLuvver

Well, as a San Antonian, I always have my Missions.

As for the concept, I like where it is going. The home jersey has a nice sepia tone to it. Though I think the logo does need a little more definition, and perhaps some space between the pinstripes on the away uniform. Also, Pioneers may not be the best thing for San Antonio...perhaps Settlers? Hmm...

Still, a nice job there.

GR30a5H.png

I really like the general look of your concept. Excellent team colors, and setting the logo aside, those are some sweet sweet road unis. And excellent socks. My critical comments would be:

1. The "P" logo. Not working for me. I think it would work better if the top of the P, the hat part, was more rounded at the corners and along the edges, closer to the look of your Raccoons logo (but even smoother). Also, I think the tail needs to be of a more even thickness and rounded at the bottom. Overall, make it a letter P that suggests a coonskin cap, not a coonskin cap arranged in a letter P.

2. The star goes a long way toward disguising the P-ness of the main logo. Fine, it's the lone star state, but the star is too singular in this logo. It's distracting, as though it was pasted on at the last minute. It's not like San Antonio is the state capital or anything, and the lone star flag postdates the battle of the Alamo. I would either ditch the star or move it from the coonskin P. A larger star could sit behind off center to the right of the P, linking the abstract coonskin P more closely to the IONEERS lettering.

3. The Pioneers script looks like it would disappear under the armpits of the players, so that running around the field their shirts would read ONEE. Can you make the letters a tad smaller and reduce the arc of the letters? It would be more readable were you to do so.

20082614447.png

Archived