Saint Leo U. - Sport Mgmt. Association logo

TBGKon

I am a member in the Saint Leo University Sport Management Association. At our last meeting it was announced that we would be having a contest for our official logo. I came up with a few ideas and they are below. If anyone out there could give me some decent C&C that would be awesome. Please let me know what you like and dislike about them.

SLUSMA.png

Simpler would be better, and I don't think that font conveys Sport Management. I think you should try a block font or maybe even a script. I like the shield, but there's too much going on. The logo without the shield just doesn't look right.

buffalo_sig.png

A couple of things stand out for me...

- there are a lot of curves in in the logo and the circle behind it, yet you're using a very angular background shape and a blocky font. The logo doesn't match up with the other parts...try and integrate the circle and some curves into the background shape.

- for the font, try using the Font Randomizer at http://www.fonts101.com/ for some inspiration, plain block isn't horrible but I'm certain you can find something better.

- the line of the circle has three lines in two colours, the pentagon outline has one colour, the outline of the head has a different one colour, and the mane has two colours around it. Similar outcome as above - it looks like pieces rather than a whole logo. I realise that some of that is dictated by the actual logo, but do what you can to reduce it.

Archived