How...

BCBoy

...does a team (BC Lions) look so dominant through the first 11 games of the season and go 11-0 but end up losing 6 OF THEIR LAST 7 to end up 12-6???

All they had to do when they were 11-0 was to win 2 GAMES and they would have home field advantage throughout the playoffs into the Grey Cup which Vancouver is hosting. I was at the game today and man, did the offence stink it up.

The only chance for the Lions to end up in 1st place now is if Calgary beats Edmonton tomorrow.

Well if the Stmps win I'll take the regular season title for a pool on another board--I won the first half, and will finish second for the second half (I switched 1st & 2nd with the same guy)

One of us will win the overall for the second half--then we'll see where the playoffs go.

But 3 upsets so far, and while the Stamps winning wouldn't be so much an upset--they are in a lower standing now.

GO STAMPS!!!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

YES!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! GO STAMPS GO!

Don't fail me now.....

29-9

EDIT: Nail biting time.....29-16

EDIT2: :woot: Touchdown Calgary! 36-16

EDIT3: I'm not really gonna keep score any more because I know, and you know who finished first in the division.........THE BC LIONS (....even though we bombed the last 7 games and now we OWE CALGARY BIG TIME!)

I'm not really gonna keep score any more because I know, and you know who finished first in the division.........THE BC LIONS (....even though we bombed the last 7 games and now we OWE CALGARY BIG TIME!)

Even though you beat us 41-1 later at your stadium...

Even though we only tied for last place in the league...

Even though Milt Stegall is arguably the greatest receiver in CFL history...

You got blown out by Winnipeg. And for that reason alone, you do not deserve first place in the West. ^_^

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I agree with you somewhat that we don't deserve to finish first in the west, but when I look at how the season went, most teams have up and downs changing constantly through the season, this year the Lions were REALLY UP (11-0) and then REALLY DOWN (1-6)

And man, can these "even though's" go on forever eh?

Even though the Lions have 2 great QB's (they played em both and could only score 13 VS Sask)

Even though we weren't very injury riddled

and I agree.....

Even though Milt Stegall is the best WR in CFL history (I mean come ON! He caught 4 balls and took them all for TD's VS BC!!)

and I agree.....

Even though Milt Stegall is the best WR in CFL history (I mean come ON! He caught 4 balls and took them all for TD's VS BC!!)

Not to mention the fact that on one of said catches, at age 35, he pulled away from two defensive backs (23 and 32 years old, respectively) over an 80 yard stretch.

^_^

If the Bombers land Printers and Stegall comes back, next year could be a lot of fun. If they don't land Printers and Stegall doesn't come back, next year could really suck.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived