Oregon Chinook

andrewharrington

Chinook is a fish?

I thought it was a name of an Indian tribe. The US Army traditonally names their helicopters after Indian tribes; UH-60 Blackhawk, AH-64 Apache, RAH-66 Comache (cancelled or still in development), and the classic Huey, the UH-1 Iroquois. The Chinook is the CH-47. It's a big twin-engine, tandem rotor helicopter. You see it often on TV, on the news about Iraq and elsewhere.

Yeah, if you search "chinook" on Google Images, all you get are helicopters. You have to search "chinook salmon" to get fish images. To answer your question, though, yes, Chinook is a tribe of the Pacific Northwest once famous for its extensive trading practice of that era. They lived along the Columbia River.

Anyway, new and improved, with some better integration between logo and wordmark.

chinook2.gif

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

great work Andrew. I'm really feelin this package. The color palette is perfect for the nickname and the renderings are full of motion and balance.

The only suggestion I have is possibly having the little guy emerging from a "C". Just a thought, since the "C" is the more unique of the two possibilities (O or C), with the fish hook and all. Plus, sometimes an "O" can be confused w/ a zero or circle, not that it is in your logo, but I think a C might translate into a more distinct brand, even though this is just fantasy leagues.

Again, solid package, perfect for a baseball concept.

www.skyedesignstudios.com

Archived