Davis, Pierce

Matt 2 tha Core

What about those two guys in Miami ... Wade and O'Neal, they're a handy combination don't you think? Yao and O'Grady, Nash and Stoudamire, Ginobli and Duncan ... I'm sure there are other obvious ones I'm missing too.

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

What about those two guys in Miami ... Wade and O'Neal, they're a handy combination don't you think? Yao and O'Grady, Nash and Stoudamire, Ginobli and Duncan ... I'm sure there are other obvious ones I'm missing too.

O'Grady? And have any of you checked out their stats? I'm talking about THIS year.

Pierce - 26.1 ppg

Davis - 21.4 ppg

Here are your great combos....

Duncan - 21.5, Ginobli 14.5

StoudEmire hasn't even played this year.....

"O'grady 21.5" Yao 18.3

Wade 25.5 Shaq 15.5

Yeah nice points made.

I was wondering, if there is a possibility they would be one of the best one-two punches in the league?

nope. not even close to the best one-two punch. Shaq-D Wade hands down, followed by Duncan-Ginobili (though I guess if ya throw in Parker that's a 1-2-3 punch) and Nash-Marion (which becomes a TKO when Amare comes back).

a one-two punch is only as good as the other 10 guys. remember that.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

What about those two guys in Miami ... Wade and O'Neal, they're a handy combination don't you think?  Yao and O'Grady, Nash and Stoudamire, Ginobli and Duncan ... I'm sure there are other obvious ones I'm missing too.

O'Grady? And have any of you checked out their stats? I'm talking about THIS year.

Pierce - 26.1 ppg

Davis - 21.4 ppg

Here are your great combos....

Duncan - 21.5, Ginobli 14.5

StoudEmire hasn't even played this year.....

"O'grady 21.5" Yao 18.3

Wade 25.5 Shaq 15.5

Yeah nice points made.

Stats don't tell the story here AT ALL.

If I put McGrady and Yao, Nash and Amare, Duncan and Ginobili or Wade and Shaq with the rest of the Celtics team, they would have better stats than Pierce and Davis.

I was wondering, if there is a possibility they would be one of the best one-two punches in the league?

nope. not even close to the best one-two punch. Shaq-D Wade hands down, followed by Duncan-Ginobili (though I guess if ya throw in Parker that's a 1-2-3 punch) and Nash-Marion (which becomes a TKO when Amare comes back).

a one-two punch is only as good as the other 10 guys. remember that.

Do you remember Shaq and Kobe? The best they had was Derek Fisher

I hate to just give in to Matt's obvious ploy to pick fights, but I have to. I cannot give the title to Shaq and D-Wade, especially when Shaq is only going to play 40-50 games this year, but don't give me stats man. You can get stats to say damn near anything you want, but I don't care how many points they score, they play on a mediocre team. Two 20 point scores on a mediocre team does not constitute a 1-2 punch. Hell, I'd rather have Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom. Pierce inevitably will sulk and stop playing hard at some point, and Ricky Davis is an enigma. Among the other choices the membership gave, I'd take Ron Artest/Jermaine O'Neal, Baron Davis/ Jason Richardson, Gilbert Arenas/Antawn Jamison, Maggette/Brand, LeBron James' right and left shoes, and probably a few other combos I can't think of right now.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived