Goalie pads size

Snowcap30

wut do u all feel about the new 38'' leg pads size for NHL goalies? i for one am against it. if there should be a rule like that, than have it meagured from the knee to the top. i think too many goalies are gunna get hurt this year because of this new rule.

plus goalies are dif. sizes and also like a certain way they equipment is. like garth snow is 6'3'' and wore 43'' pads last year. i am 5'8'' and wear 32'' pads. i like my equipment smaller so i can move but garth likes his big since hes a big guy. does anyone else agree with me??

untitled-1.png

There shouldn't be a limit on length. I'm 6'5", and I've only played goal a couple of times, but I'm guessing I'd need to use pads longer than that.  (Then again, I was known to use sticks longer than the maximum the NHL had before Zdeno Chara got that changed, 63".)

Width should definitely be regulated, but not length.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

There shouldn't be a rule like that at all. Goalies should be allowed to wear any size pads they want. It's not like Garth Snow is the best goalie in the world, far from it. Not even the best goalie in NYI system. Martin Brodeur wears smallest pads in the NHL and he's right now one of the best goalies in the world. Now, Koho 38" are much different from Eagle 38" because they are meant for two different styles. Koho - butterfly and Eagle - stand up.

Now, if you want to change something, change the 5 Hole guards you find on Koho and Simmons/Boddam pads. Now, that is unnessary padding. I for one know this. I wear 32" at 5'10" but I am purchasing 34" most likely the Koho 580's.

They had to stop Roy from wearing Huge jerseys too right? With big baggie goalie cut armpits?

i beilieve so.

in an article in Newsday on this matter snowy said that he is trying to put the 5 hole patch to where it can be legal. (dipietro uses one, i know that)

snow even said that dipietro used 39'' pads the other day in the preseason game. i forget when the date was but snow and dipietro are gettin checked.

untitled-1.png

The pads should be regulated. They should have some formula for pad length based on your hieght. Big, long pads do give some goalies an Advatage. Athletic/stand-up type goalies like Broduer don't need big pads, in fact they would hurt them beacuse it would "slow-them down" from side to side, and up and down. But with Butterfly goalies like Giguer and Roy, long pads give a long advantage, when they drop down into the butterfly, long pads take away space between the legs. All pads should be regulated, length, width and chest protectors too. Goalie pads are made to only Prtect the Goalie, and they should give them an advantage.

And I'm not someone who likes all out scoring, I like the TRAP.

Archived