Nhl2004

puckcool22

i got NHL 2004 for gamecube yesterday and it is amazing.  The gameplay is so realistic and much better than last years horrible nhl 2003.  The dynasty mode is crazy how much stuff u as the GM has to decide.  You can even create teams, however in gamecube they dont have a uniform editor, u can just use nhl teams.  This pissed me off because there is a lot of sweet european leagues teams jerseys in the game, and i would have loved to use them.  ALso the logos dont change color to the jersey.

any comments or questions on nhl 2004

signature.gif

No, but I'd be VERY interested in hearing comparisons and advice vs ESPN Hockey 2004 too while we're at it. I pretty much can only get away with buying one of them and want to chose the right one. I thought EAs have sucked for a while now (way too NBA Jam) and heard but did not confirm terrific things about 2K3 last year (ESPN this year).

WHich is better....hockey fan better. Not cut scene better.

Does anybody have uni editor yet?

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

ESPN is great. I'd get it if I were you. The gameplay is based on real hockey statagies, like line matchups, dump ins, and the trap. Plus all the arenas are identical to the real one right down to the banners (unless, they're nba banners in wich case they change them to the nhl one). It's got a skills competition too. It has the new Yotes, plus historic jersey's and teams. It's the game to get if you want realism.

Plus all the arenas are identical to the real one right down to the banners (unless, they're nba banners in wich case they change them to the nhl one). .

So does that mean that when you play a game at the Fleet Center you see a bunch of Boston Celtics Stanley Cup Champs banners, or has history been revised and the Bruins actually dominated the NHL in the 50's and 60's?

:D:D:D

Truthfully, I don't even know why I looked at this thread. Having a 20 month old daughter leaves no time or money for Xbox, GameCube or PS2 and I can't put any games on my computer which is technically owned by my lawfirm.  Which is not to say it's even a contest between my kid and an Xbox, but still . . . . . .

-- sigh -- Enjoy your youth, kids.

Archived