2006 SEC Football Championship

tohasbo

the sec looks as if they are trying to go back with the old-school circle SEC logo lately

it is in the basketball tourney logo and now this one- interesting.

I understand that b-ball tourney logo is supposed to look throwback, so maybe i am looking into this, but this champ. game logo would indicate they are trying to use it more.

Since all the teams will be wearing throwbacks for the SEC basketball tourney, what if they started having teams in the football championship game wear throwbacks for the next few years, until the retro-faze subsides? I doubt there would be enough time to get everything together, but it would still be cool...

the funny thing is many team's unis would look the same-

Alabama- take the names off the back, take the "swoosh" and the "SEC Logo" off

Auburn- take names off back and take the logos off

Arkansas- not counting those horrible appex jerseys, they have been pretty consistent through the years- except this year

Florida- Florida would have some good throwbacks to chose from. My favorites were the Emmitt-era Orange

g_emmittuf_i.jpg

Georgia- Georgia has been pretty standard with the exeption of Goff ditching the silver britches and adding the black stripe to the helmet. Richt has since remedied that.

Kentucky- they still play football?

LSU- pretty consistent throughtout the years

Miss. State- I liked the maroon helmets better, but the current white style works

Ole Miss- Horrid light blue scheme was pretty bad for a while, but went back navy thankfully

South Carolina- as i have stated before i prefer the garnett helmets, here are my favorite SC threads. The uni update is fine, just update the helmet- garnett is the way to go

sterlingsharpe1-lg.jpg

Tennessee- Who could forget these orange monstrosities? I did however like the HUGE numbers in the second pic

101575.jpeg

tee.jpg

Vandy- Vandy has a perfect set right now (black and white- not gold), but they could chose from a lot of different sets. It seemed like for a while they switched it up every year.

Rmlook.jpg

Archived