Cracker Jack Stadium

BaltimoreFan

I ordered tickets to go and see Italy play in the World Baseball Classic. The games are being played at Cracker Jack Stadium at Disney's Wide World of Sports. I've never been there or even Disney World before. So I was wondering is the stadium at Disney World? Also what is the World Wide of Sports area like? Thanks.

The stadium is actually located on the Wide World of Sports Complex. I went to some minor league games there a couple of years ago, and I enjoyed it. There is nothing overly spectacular about the stadium, which is good I guess (considering what Disney could have done with it). Still, I think it's a good place to see a ballgame. The only negative thing I remember was that the scoreboard was very hard to read. And the fact it is named Cracker Jack Stadium :D

AM.gif

I saw a Braves spring training game there. You couldn't get a Braves souvenir cup but you could get one with Cinderella on it. I found that the inflated prices that Disney charges for everything had crossed over into the ballpark too.

But yes, the stadium is in the Wide World of Sports complex on the outskirts of the Disney property in Lake Buena Vista. If you're looking to save money on food and/or lodging or are looking for stuff to do before/after the game, check out Route 192 (Bronson Memorial Parkway.) Lot's of fun stuff on both sides of the road. That's also the best route in and out of the Wide World of Sports complex.

Archived