Anybody ever order a custom jersey from MLB.com?

29a

I ordered a Bay authentic alt pinstripe jersey and the one that shipped to me was the regular home white. The home white was $30 cheaper than the one I paid for. My order said I also qualified for free shipping. I got charged for shipping. I called customer service. They told me there was nothing I could do about the shipping. I was stuck the $12. I told them about the jersey. They said for me to ship it back to them at my expense, they would credit my card within 30 days of return of the jersey, and then to reorder the one I wanted. I was totally upset with their service. I said (cause I was getting it auto'd and needed it) why can't they just credit my card for the difference and I'll keep this one and after an hour on the phone, they finally agreed after explaining it over and over to them and they gave me like an extra $10 off or something totally lame. I don't know if I just had a bad experience or what. I'm really hesitant to reorder from them. I didn't like their customer service, the lack of respect for someone who just spend a few hundred dollars with them, and how crappy their other stuff is if you don't get an authentic one. Sometimes I think it's worth it to just buy directly from the team store at the stadiums. You can see it, hold it, and know what you're getting even though its overpriced.

I had a similar negative experience... not only was my order delayed 4 months, but when it finally came it was missing one of my purchases -- they offered a coupon for a future mlb.com purchase instead of my money back.

I now make all my baseball purchases at the rogers centre shop.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I'm lucky...I live an hour from the Majestic plant. When I get any non-Yankees jersey, I just buy the replica blank, and take it to the plant, where I can get it authenticially lettered/numbered and outfitted with sleeve patches. I've gotten pretty nice looking Miguel Tejada/Carl Crawford/Jake Peavy/Andruw Jones/Dontrelle Willis jerseys this way...they look like authentics, but ran me about 100 bucks apiece (sometimes even less when they hold their factory clearance sales). Pretty good deal.

Where exactly is the Majestic plant? I live about an hour and a half west of Allentown, and I get out that way sometimes. Would appreciate some info--I'd love to visit the plant..

It's in Bangor, PA....a little south of the Poconos.

The plant is open about twice a year for the factory clearance, where you get really good deals (50 for replicas blank, 80 for authentics blank).

The rest of the year, they have an outlet store 5 minutes from the plant, where the prices are still great (60 for replicas blank, 100 for authentics blank).

And of course, you can pick up all the other authentic collection stuff for great deals too.

If you go to a game and find a ticket stub from the 200 level foul section, the stub includes at least 15% off merch purchases.

It's been worth it for me to find them.

Thanks for the input everyone. I think I'm going to find another place to buy the jersey. I need to find a good place to buy the Bay jersey... I get the jersey's of Canadian players who win awards in sports (i.e. Nash/Suns jersey, Gagne/Dodgers, etc...)

If you go to a game and find a ticket stub from the 200 level foul section, the stub includes at least 15% off merch purchases.

It's been worth it for me to find them.

15%? That's nothin'... find a season ticket "VIP" stub from the 100 level and you get a cool 40% off

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

15%?  That's nothin'... find a season ticket "VIP" stub from the 100 level and you get a cool 40% off

Are you serious?

It may be worth it alone to go talk to that woman who stands BHP... the 40% would just be gravy

Moose

Thanks for that awesome link. I think I may have found the place from which I'll be getting my jersey

Peace_5.gif

Archived