Cuba won't play in PR for WBC: U.S. Officials

chrimart

I do not believe in communism and I think the cuban people should be better served by democracy, but this is not a reason to be so stupid by banning cuban players to play in the World Baseball Classic.

Is these U.S. Officials are too scared to face the Cuban Baseball National Team?

Politics and Sport haa never been good neighbours.

It's a shame!

Go Canada, Beat U.S.A ! :flagcanada:

It Should Be Lawful for the Queen of Hockey Land, by and with the Advice and the Consent of the Sinners and the House of Pain, to Make Laws for Pucks, Hot Dogs and Good Government...

Not exactly a wise move on the part of the our gov't...would have liked to seen the Cuban team here, seeing they're one of the world's elites...it'd be like a Canada Cup back in the day minus the Russians.

That being said, it might be a blessing for the Cuban team...they might have shown up with a full team, but probably left with about 1/2 (seeing there'd be ample chances for the chance defection and all)...

No matter, we already know who's winnin this one...

Here's a hint..it ain't the US, and it ain't Canada...;)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Well heres the problem WBC is Major League Baseball allowing the Cuban National; team to play while exiles like Livan Hernandez are in the majors is kinda weird.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This ruling by the Treasury dept. is beyond stupid to me. How can they not have the reigning gold medalists in the WBC. It's just continuing a policy that's outanded and to continue to appeal to large anti-Castro cuban population in florida. While they idea is to hurt Castro, I feel it just hurts the players and the event itself.

Politics should never be apart of sports and events such as the Olympics and World Cup, but that's a pipe dream.

Archived