Will's Football Trivia

WJMorris3

Do I detect a trick question here? The last home team to be shut out in a playoff game is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who were blanked by the LA Rams 9-0 in Tampa in the 1979 NFC Championship Game. No Rams scored touchdowns, however. The points came on three Frank Corral field goals.

Would I ask trick questions? In any case, your answer is right. To throw a second question out there... of all AFC teams, past and present, who was the first to be involved in a playoff game without a touchdown being scored?

LvZYtbZ.png

Would I ask trick questions?  In any case, your answer is right.  To throw a second question out there... of all AFC teams, past and present, who was the first to be involved in a playoff game without a touchdown being scored?

I'll say the Cleveland Browns, as a member of the NFL, pre-merger.

1950, they won a playoff game 8-3 (could have been TD and missed PAT , but I am guessing two FG in addition to a safety)

Failing that, I figure it must be the Browns, Steelers, Colts or Seahawks (as an NFC team)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Would I ask trick questions? In any case, your answer is right. To throw a second question out there... of all AFC teams, past and present, who was the first to be involved in a playoff game without a touchdown being scored?

I'm guessing the answer comes from the same game referenced above. The Bucs were a member of the AFC West their inaugural season.

• 2 weeks later...
Would I ask trick questions?  In any case, your answer is right.  To throw a second question out there... of all AFC teams, past and present, who was the first to be involved in a playoff game without a touchdown being scored?

I'm guessing the answer comes from the same game referenced above. The Bucs were a member of the AFC West their inaugural season.

I bet this is correct. But I'd like to find out...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I bet this is correct. But I'd like to find out...

The Bucs didn't reach the playoffs their first season. Hell, they didn't win a game their first season....

Archived