The Name Game

Mac the Knife

My flag football league (www.iffl.info, if you're interested) in Raleigh, NC is expanding this year to a point where its likely that we'll have to separate teams based on competitive ability.

I've been kicking around a few ideas for this put am not particularly attached to any of the ideas I've had thus far, including:

• Splitting teams into "A" and "B" conferences, and if needed using our normal division names (Liberty, Independence, Freedom, etc.);
  • Splitting teams college-style into "Division I" and "Division II", then if necessary splitting teams further into conferences (Halas Conference, Rooney Conference, etc.); or
  • Calling each level of play by a different league name (i.e., "Premiere (sp?) League" for "A" level, and something else for "B"). I'd do this in a heartbeat if I could find a pair of corporate sponsors to fit the bill (the "Coca-Cola League" and "Pepsi League" for example would make my decision for me).

Does anyone have any suggestions on this other than what I've already thought of? I've got about 3 weeks before I have to make a firm decision on this, and despite kicking it around for the past two weeks I've really hit a wall.

nav-logo.png

i think the third one will work, that way no teams feel bad for not being in A grade or whatever, grab a few sponsors and it could work well

a suggestion other than that....maybe splt based on the geogrpahy of the teams to north south east or west....depends if the teasm are spread out in the area...in other words i cant help ya

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

nothing 'other' than what you suggested here.

I do like the 3rd idea, with the soccer-style move up if you rock, move down if you suck type of thing.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

i think the third one will work, that way no teams feel bad for not being in A grade or whatever, grab a few sponsors and it could work well

a suggestion other than that....maybe splt based on the geogrpahy of the teams to north south east or west....depends if the teasm are spread out in the area...in other words i cant help ya

That'd work in a D-I/D-II type arrangement (in fact, its one of the things I was considering), but since all our teams are basically within a 10-mile radius of one another, it becomes a question of what 'location' do you use...

The dilemma I have with the Premiere (sp?) League/Other League notion is just that - I can't come up with a second name that doesn't sound like garbage compared to the top tier.

nav-logo.png

The dilemma I have with the Premiere (sp?) League/Other League notion is just that - I can't come up with a second name that doesn't sound like garbage compared to the top tier.

Premiere League and Elite League

Done.

Premiere League and Elite League

Done.

Ooooh. That's good. I might have to use that. Thanks, Yale.

Now if I can only convince the guys who want to call themselves the "Redskins" and use a really, really :censored:ty looking logo that looks just like Washington's helmet logo, only using a redskin peanut where the Native American is that they might want to reconsider... :rolleyes:

nav-logo.png

Archived