Rochester Rhinos Concept

arsenalhenry

The rhinos deserve the MLS & the MLS needs rochester. I liked their current jerseys when they switched to the black and white striped kit, but I think that they could include the green and yellow in their logo into the jersey. This is the new jersey i think they should be unvailing next year..

concept_jersey_a1.png

How about updating their horrible logo and/or name?

What's so "horrible" about it?

A committee of highly respected individuals in town chose the name and logo.

One of those persons was Sportswriter and radio show host Bob Matthews.

I tell him you hate it. :D

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

How about updating their horrible logo and/or name?

What's so "horrible" about it?

A committee of highly respected individuals in town chose the name and logo.

One of those persons was Sportswriter and radio show host Bob Matthews.

I tell him you hate it. :D

Oh my. Citing Bob freaking Matthews as anyone even worth paying attention to? Forget it. As a former Rochestertarian, one of the great gifts of leaving the city is not having to listen to or read his nonsense anymore.

And seriously, I haven't met a single person that like "Raging Rhinos." Where are there any rhinocerci in Rochester besides the zoo? In fact, I don't even think the zoo has any.

It's a dumb name with an awful logo, and if you want to know why Rochester doesn't have an MLS team, that is probably one of the main reasons why.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

and if you want to know why Rochester doesn't have an MLS team, that is probably one of the main reasons why.

Now that is a downright silly statement.

And seriously, I haven't met a single person that like "Raging Rhinos."  Where are there any rhinocerci in Rochester besides the zoo?  In fact, I don't even think the zoo has any.

Trust me, many here like the name AND logo.

That is evident from the Rhino merchandise I see around town.

People wouldn't buy the stuff if they didn't like the name or logo.

Are there Tigers and Lions roaming Detroit?

How about Buccaneers (Pirates) in Tampa?

Bulls in Chicago? Raptors in Toronto?

Say what you want about the logo, but as far as I know, no other pro, semi-pro, or college team has adopted "rhinos" as their mascot which makes the name UNIQUE and CLEVER.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Well, I suppose there's no accounting for poor taste.

Just kidding. Just so long as the Rhinos are successful and the good people of Rochester support them. To that end, I just looked at pictures of Paetech Park. The stadium I never thought would be built is finally a reality. From what I've seen, it compares favorably with Crew Stadium in Columbus, although I've only seen both from a distance.

One question -- where are the luxury boxes?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

and if you want to know why Rochester doesn't have an MLS team, that is probably one of the main reasons why.

Now that is a downright silly statement.

And seriously, I haven't met a single person that like "Raging Rhinos."  Where are there any rhinocerci in Rochester besides the zoo?  In fact, I don't even think the zoo has any.

Trust me, many here like the name AND logo.

That is evident from the Rhino merchandise I see around town.

People wouldn't buy the stuff if they didn't like the name or logo.

Are there Tigers and Lions roaming Detroit?

How about Buccaneers (Pirates) in Tampa?

Bulls in Chicago? Raptors in Toronto?

Say what you want about the logo, but as far as I know, no other pro, semi-pro, or college team has adopted "rhinos" as their mascot which makes the name UNIQUE and CLEVER.

Oh no, not this arguement again...

But seriously, I cant take a team called the Raging Rhinos seriously. It sounds like the name of an AYSO U12 team, they must be very proud a second division franchise has taken their name.

If Rochester wants a team, which they do deserve, they need to improve their image, and overhaul their second rate name and logo, plain and simple. There's no more Wiz, Burn or Clash and those franchises have taken on more Football Union type monikers and are now taken (hopefully) more seriously than when the MLS started.

As for the jerseys I like them I think that is top notch professionalism.

I truly am tired of the MLS becoming like Europe Soccer leagues. Why not go back to the good old days of the Dallas Burn and Tampa Bay Mutiny and Miami Fusion when all the teams had regualr team names like that and not Dallas FC and Real Salt Lake City.I say we scrap the Euronized names and change them to American Soccer names.

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

Archived