Missouri State Baseball Concept

Kess

This started out as a concept for a Sunday home alt, but I liked the white vest so much I made a gray one and added a maroon alt. The hat is what the team currently wears. I wanted to do something different with it - an "M" or an "S" - but it just never did look right.

Here's what I came up with.

MoStateBaseball.png

Comments and criticism, please.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

I don't know if this answer is out there, but...does Missouri State have a logo or type treatment that says "Missouri State" with either the entire name the same size, or with "Missouri" larger than "State" or vice versa? If so, I think that would look better than "MSU."

You really cannot go wrong with the sleeveless look. It seems like some collegiate baseball teams have 5-10 uniform combinations (Miami FL and Florida come to mind).

I've always liked that bear logo. Keep the hat consistent for all uni combos; that looks good.

Cards.png

I think it should have an "S" at the beginning. :P

In all seriousness, I like it, though the way you've laid it out makes it a little difficult to visualize how it'll look on a player. I'm not sold on the maroon letters on the maroon jersey, however.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

They look really nice overall.

But here's my problem with the maroon alt: I see a maroon/white baseball jersey with "MSU" on it, I think Mississippi State. It's one thing to share a monogram with a better known school (University of Northern Colorado uses the old cascading "UNC" monogram that North Carolina used during the Lawrence Taylor Era), but when you share initials and the same colors, you're setting up for a lot of confusion.

A full wordmark would serve you better on the alt; whether the "MISSOURI" and "STATE" are the same size or different is up to you.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I think it should have an "S" at the beginning.  :P

Why I oughta...^_^

Blackjack - There is a "Missouri State" wordmark that is being used quite a bit. I assume it will be on the baseball jerseys as well. I've put that on the maroon alt below.

VitaminD - The "MSU" thing is the bad Missouri State will have to take along with the the good of the name change. The Maroon and White aren't going to change. The school will just be careful with using only "MSU." In fact, that logo I used on the alts is only supposed to be used with "Missouri State" underneath it.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, guys. Here's an updated maroon alt.

MaroonAlt2.png

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

I actually like the revision, with both words spelled out. And in a contrsting color.

Another idea - what about the way a few schools do it (Oklahoma being one I can remember): "MISSOURI" in big letters (script or caps, your choice), then have "STATE" in a tail that underlines the MISSOURI?

Just a thought; I like what your revision shows.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived