Doug Weight to Carolina !

Davey

What has this guy done that makes him special?

how about being an 18yr old in the NHL, with tons of hype to be a mega-star and a ton of people out there wanting him to fail every game of his life and yet still not even half way having over 50points in his rookie season in a dying, un-motivated organization with his "mentor" just retiring?

I'm not saying he's not a good player. he's way better then me. i just hate when people say he's the "next one" then say give him time to develope. If he's "the next one" then he shouldn't need time to develop. Gretzky had 137 in his rookie year in the NHL and Crosby likely won't even hit the 100 point mark, this year. so i'm not saying he ain't good cause he is really good. but he ain't great, and that's the thing.

Gretzky really didn't have an NHL rookie year. His time with the Indianapolis Racers and the Oilers in the WHA kinda negated that.

Not to mention Gretzky was a full year older than Crosby when he finally hit the NHL, playing in a completely different era of hockey.

I'm not convinced Sidney Crosby is the "next one," but to compare Gretzky's 137 point first year in the NHL with Crosby's campaign thus far does not make sense.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not convinced Sidney Crosby is the "next one,"

I agree too about Crosby, ALEXANDER OVECHKIN is far better than him. He is 1st on in points and with the most goals on his team with 34 goals.

As for Crosby, he has 25 goals, but imo i hope ALEXANDER OVECHKIN wins the rookie of the year.

4kv29i.jpg

Wow, this year, the St.Louis Blues, are really singing the Blues. Now they have all this money space, i wounder who they will get.

And the fact the Canes are already good ( 1st/2nd place on eastern division ?? ) then adding Doug Weight to their roster, they are guna be even more better, then they are now.

#1 in the league, actually.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

What has this guy done that makes him special?

how about being an 18yr old in the NHL, with tons of hype to be a mega-star and a ton of people out there wanting him to fail every game of his life and yet still not even half way having over 50points in his rookie season in a dying, un-motivated organization with his "mentor" just retiring?

I'm not saying he's not a good player. he's way better then me. i just hate when people say he's the "next one" then say give him time to develope. If he's "the next one" then he shouldn't need time to develop. Gretzky had 137 in his rookie year in the NHL and Crosby likely won't even hit the 100 point mark, this year. so i'm not saying he ain't good cause he is really good. but he ain't great, and that's the thing.

Gretzky really didn't have an NHL rookie year. His time with the Indianapolis Racers and the Oilers in the WHA kinda negated that.

Not to mention Gretzky was a full year older than Crosby when he finally hit the NHL, playing in a completely different era of hockey.

I'm not convinced Sidney Crosby is the "next one," but to compare Gretzky's 137 point first year in the NHL with Crosby's campaign thus far does not make sense.

sure you can compare them. it's stil a rookie year even though he played in the WHA first or if he was a year older. i year doesn't make much of a difference, when 1 person 18 and the others 19, only maturity really changes.

untitled-6.jpg

Archived