Doug Weight to Carolina !

Davey

For some reason the Band's song "The Weight" comes to mind, just change it to "Take the load of Eric, Take the Load of Rod, Take the load of Cammy, and put the load, put the load, right on Doug"

Lol...I have too much time on my hands...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For some reason the Band's song "The Weight" comes to mind, just change it to "Take the load of Eric, Take the Load of Rod, Take the load of Cammy, and put the load, put the load, right on Doug"

Lol...I have too much time on my hands...

Ya, at first I didn't know what you were talkin' about, until I read the lyrics again and realized you were talking about "THE BAND" :P

Blues also shipped out Mike Sillinger wow I guess they are tearing the rest of the team down, can tehy get rid of Dead Weight aka OVerweight aka Keith Tkachuck

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Blues also shipped out Mike Sillinger wow I guess they are tearing the rest of the team down, can tehy get rid of Dead Weight aka OVerweight aka Keith Tkachuck

They'd be stupid to. He really wants to stay (and actually has a no trade clause and might just exercise it every time they try and trade him).

The small amount of time he has played, he has absolutely dominated.

Yes, he came into camp overweight, and yes that probably factored into his early groin pull.

However, he's missed most of his time with fluke injuries. He speared himself (weird play where his stick got caught up) and broke ribs, and just shortly after returning to a shot off his hand and broke his hand.

While he was playing, he was just an absolute force. The new rules are great for him.

I'll be very, very unhappy if he is moved.

I hate Doug Weight! :cursing: that being said this is a great pick up for the canes! this though seems as only a rent a player type thing as of know as Weight's contract is set to expire at seasons end. hopefully he will help them until the playoffs as I have a feeling them and the Leafs will play in round 1.

untitled-6.jpg

I hate Doug Weight! :cursing: that being said this is a great pick up for the canes! this though seems as only a rent a player type thing as of know as Weight's contract is set to expire at seasons end. hopefully he will help them until the playoffs as I have a feeling them and the Leafs will play in round 1.

You gotta BE in playoff contention first before you can start saying who y'all are gonna be playin in Round 1 ;)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Shweet news for the 'Canes.

I smell Cup finals for the former Whalers. What a way to send off Ron Francis.

As for the Blues, well...remember what happened to Ottawa and Quebec. They got a load of high draft picks, played it smart in the front office, brought up their budding stars slowly, and began to dominate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For example, let's examine the draft history of the Nordiques during their crappy years:

1987 - Drafted Joe Sakic 1st overall.

1988 - Drafted Curtis Leschyshyn 3rd overall.

1989 - Drafted Mats Sundin 1st overall, and Adam Foote 22nd.

1990 - Drafted Owen Nolan 1st overall.

1991 - Drafted Eric Lindros 1st overall.

1992 - Traded Eric Lindros to Philadelphia for Peter Forsberg, Steve Duschene, Kerry Huffman, Mike Ricci, Ron Hextall, Chris Simon, Philly?s first-round pick in 1993 and 1994, and $15 million in cash. Not really a draft, but still.

1993 - Drafted Jocelyn Thibault 10th overall.

Now things get complicated: Thibault was part of the Patrick Roy deal in 1995-96, Duchesne was part of the Claude Lemieux deal, Uwe Krupp was brought in around the same time, Mike Ricci was traded in '98 for that draft pick that wound up being Alex Tanguay, Ron Hextall was traded for a draft pick that became Adam Deadmarsh, who was then traded to Los Angeles for Rob Blake.

All told? Two Stanley Cups, a stranglehold on the divison title that lasted roughly a decade, and a team that, simply put, was freakin' amazing.

Will this happen to the Blues? Perhaps, if they play it smart.

You also forgot the tiny details of them moving to Colorado and aquiring Patrick Roy before winning their Cups. I get the point though of how they built that championship team in large part before they moved. Luckily for Blues fans I can't see them leaving St. Louis anytime soon. I have a feeling the next Nords/Avs type story will be the Pens. They will get good, Crosby will develop into a mega-star, then they move and win another cup.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I have a feeling the next Nords/Avs type story will be the Pens. They will get good, Crosby will develop into a mega-star, then they move and win another cup.

I have to agree, accept Crosby being a megastar? What has this guy done that makes him special? Oh he was a prolific junior scorer, the key word junior scorer. So was eric lindros and chad kilger but I don't see anyone saying the leafs got two gems in them. just because you score in the Q means nothing. anyone remember Alexander Daigle? he was the next one and know where is he? playing on the out of contention minneasota wild where he's not even the captain. malkin is better then crosby. until pittsburgh wins a few games i will have belief in crosby because if he were as good as everyone says pittsburgh would be the top team in the NHL right know.

I would also like to apologies to you jkorkie for this as it's not directed at you but more at sidney crosby and my extreme hate for him.

untitled-6.jpg

Lindros IS good, there is no doubt about it, his only problem is he now is injury prone. Daigle gave up, and is now trying to make up for lost time. Crosby is putting up good numbers for being a rookie and for playing on a horrible team, give him experience and time and health and he could be a mega-star. If Gretzky could do it, if Lemieux could do it, so can Sid the Kid. Just give it time, and hope he can stay healthy... Imagine where Lindros would be if he didnt get hit by Stevens....

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Take this for what it is worth. I make no warranties or representations regarding the accuracy of what I am about to say but felt it was relevant and in my estimation reliable enough to pass on.

I have a friend who has been connected (officially and unofficially, off and on) to the Blues organization since the early 70's. He told me this morning that both Sillinger and Weight, both of whom will be free agents next year, have each stated that they would very much like to return to St. Louis next year to be a part of what they anticipate will be the beginning of the real rebuilding of the franchise.

Again, take it for what it's worth.

I have a feeling the next Nords/Avs type story will be the Pens. They will get good, Crosby will develop into a mega-star, then they move and win another cup.

I have to agree, accept Crosby being a megastar? What has this guy done that makes him special? Oh he was a prolific junior scorer, the key word junior scorer. So was eric lindros and chad kilger but I don't see anyone saying the leafs got two gems in them. just because you score in the Q means nothing. anyone remember Alexander Daigle? he was the next one and know where is he? playing on the out of contention minneasota wild where he's not even the captain. malkin is better then crosby. until pittsburgh wins a few games i will have belief in crosby because if he were as good as everyone says pittsburgh would be the top team in the NHL right know.

I would also like to apologies to you jkorkie for this as it's not directed at you but more at sidney crosby and my extreme hate for him.

No big whoop. I have just liked what I have seen of him and with Mario's tutiledge (sp?) I feel he can become special. Way to early to say someone like Mario or Gretzky, but I at the very least I can see him at the Forsberg, Sakic, Modano, Brett Hull, Yzerman (all of whom who have won Cups) type star level where he is the team's leader, top star and perrienal all-star.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Heck, the Pens with Lemieux were TERRIBLE in his first year (84-85)...not as abysmal as they were the year before he got there, but they weren't exactly challenging the Isles or Flyers for the Patrick Division championship in those days.

It's kinda REALLY hard for ANY star player (even a Wayne Gretzky) to do it all himself....especially with a team that's eerilly reminicient of some of the pre-lockout Rangers teams (a bunch of overpaid over the hill former superstars and very very very unproven kids).

I mean, look at Crosby's linemates on Saturday vs. the Rangers....

On one side you have a guy in Mark Recchi where you can CLEARLY see the fork sticking out of his back when he goes up and down the ice...Don't get me wrong..Mark Recchi was a very solid player..but that's the problem...WAS! He's not exactly the guy he was with the Habs and Flyers. Same could be said for John Leclair as well (who personally I thought should have retired after the lockout)...

Then on the other side was a very untested Jani Rita (who they just got in a mind boggling trade with the Oilers...sorry, but dealing Tarnstrom for Rita and Cory Cross? Not exactly one of Craig Patrick's better deals, IMO)....Rita, who's got a bit of talent, was used to playing 7 min a night if that in Edmonton...What happens when he got to the 'Burgh? He got thrown out there on the TOP LINE. That usually means about 20-25 min a night.

There were some pretty good shots of the Pens bench during the course of the game in the 2nd period where the NBC cameras caught Rita sucking wind pretty badly...and this was not even halfway through the period.

Crosby's gonna put up some pretty nice numbers on a very bad hockey team...it's going to take time for the Pens to ice a team that step up and help their star player take the next step....Remember, it took the Pens getting Jagr & Francis before they took that step with Lemieux. It also took the Oilers getting a Kurri and Messier to go with Gretz before they became the great team they were.

Personally, I thought the Pens would be middle of the pack at best (still thought their D was a huge problem...Gonchar is a forward trapped in a defenseman's body, while the others outside of Orpik are kinda 3rd pair guys)...but from what I've seen of the kid, he's pretty close to the hype...

Will he win the Calder? Probably not (personally, it's a 2 horse race between Alex Ovechkin and Henrik Lundqvist, with Petr Prucka, Jussi Jokinen, and Dion Phaneuf figuring in there as well)....

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Will he win the Calder? Probably not (personally, it's a 2 horse race between Alex Ovechkin and Henrik Lundqvist, with Petr Prucka, Jussi Jokinen, and Dion Phaneuf figuring in there as well)....

Don't forget Marek Svatos in Colorado. He's already over 30 goals on the season and seems to come up with a lot of big goals.

What has this guy done that makes him special?

how about being an 18yr old in the NHL, with tons of hype to be a mega-star and a ton of people out there wanting him to fail every game of his life and yet still not even half way having over 50points in his rookie season in a dying, un-motivated organization with his "mentor" just retiring?

spacer.png

Take this for what it is worth. I make no warranties or representations regarding the accuracy of what I am about to say but felt it was relevant and in my estimation reliable enough to pass on.

I have a friend who has been connected (officially and unofficially, off and on) to the Blues organization since the early 70's. He told me this morning that both Sillinger and Weight, both of whom will be free agents next year, have each stated that they would very much like to return to St. Louis next year to be a part of what they anticipate will be the beginning of the real rebuilding of the franchise.

Again, take it for what it's worth.

There's plenty of quotes available to the public to back this up.

Well, moreso about Weight, but I do believe what Sillinger said.

A day or two before Weight was traded Weight said this...

"I'd be crazy not to (consider returning to the Blues as a free agent if traded)," Weight said. "Our fans have been overly wonderful. I don't care what you say with the turnout - we didn't deserve anything better to be honest. We haven't played with the potential we thought we had. They are still supportive. I want to be happy and it would definitely be something that I would entertain."

(http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/blues/story/A28849B7E09F61B886257105001CA52D?OpenDocument)

Yesterday or today (after the trade) Weight said this...

"I'm not afraid to say I love St. Louis," Weight said before he left for Carolina. "It's a place that's dear to me and it's a place where I'd love to end up. Who knows? Before you turn around I could be back here.

"There's not a place I want to win a Stanley Cup more than here."

(http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-stlouisblues&prov=ap&type=lgns)

So, I certainly believe that with a new owner and a new direction the Blues would have an excellent shot at resigning Weight and Silly.

But, until the trade, I wasn't even aware the Blues fielded a team this season. :P

That's ok, most people in your area don't even know the 'Canes exist. :P

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

What has this guy done that makes him special?

how about being an 18yr old in the NHL, with tons of hype to be a mega-star and a ton of people out there wanting him to fail every game of his life and yet still not even half way having over 50points in his rookie season in a dying, un-motivated organization with his "mentor" just retiring?

I'm not saying he's not a good player. he's way better then me. i just hate when people say he's the "next one" then say give him time to develope. If he's "the next one" then he shouldn't need time to develop. Gretzky had 137 in his rookie year in the NHL and Crosby likely won't even hit the 100 point mark, this year. so i'm not saying he ain't good cause he is really good. but he ain't great, and that's the thing.

untitled-6.jpg

Wow, this year, the St.Louis Blues, are really singing the Blues. Now they have all this money space, i wounder who they will get.

And the fact the Canes are already good ( 1st/2nd place on eastern division ?? ) then adding Doug Weight to their roster, they are guna be even more better, then they are now.

4kv29i.jpg

Archived