Another Hurricanes Alternate

dahabsrule

:welcome: aboard...

While it's well-rendered, this is a huge step backward for the 'Canes.

You probably haven't heard my 2 cents on the 'Canes sweaters, but this isn't the first time I've posted general feelings on them. Here's the short version:

1. Needs the storm warning flags as striping. Unique, only the Avs could do something similar, and it works.

2. Black... not good. The colors are based on the warning flags, which are more red than black. Plus, the 'Canes share their building with another red-dominant team (NCSU Wolfpack) - they really need to be mostly red.

3. If you're going to use the alt as a crest, make it correct. One flag = storm warning. Two flags = hurricane.

Specific to your concept, there's too much white. Especially when compared to the red.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I appreciate that you used their alt logo, incorrect though it may be. It is much better than their primary logo. The jersey itself is not bad too. Also, I noticed the crest on the back hem is the old NHL shield. Sweeeeet :grin:

if one flag means warning and two flags means hurricane, then why isnt there a second flag on the alt logo? i think whoever created this secondary logo should have researched better. good job on the concept, i dig it!

i think whoever created this secondary logo should have researched better.

I think whoever stuck a hockey team in Raleigh-Durham should have researched better.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

being that black is one of their colors they actually use and its not just thrown in there for the hell of it. i really like this one. i have always wanted a 'Canes sweater with the stick/flag logo on the front.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Maybe the 2nd flag blew off because of the hurricane force winds! :P

Anyway, I like that logo better than the primary and I always wish that it was featured more. Good job!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived