NHL jersey nameplates

spyboy1

Does anyone know where you can find information about which NHL teams use nameplates on their jerseys and those who sew the names directly to the jerseys?

In particular, I have a Red Wings red jersey, a Nashville white jersey and a Columbus white jersey that I want to have customized and am not sure which need nameplates and which don't.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

EDIT**** I believe the Red Wings & Rangers are the only non-nameplate teams in the league.

where are you getting them customized? if you go with an official supplier like "Jersey Express" in Buffalo NY, they will get it right without having to worry. You may have to pay for shipping to and from but at least you know you're getting the real thing.

I believe the Red Wings are the only non-nameplate team in the league.

where are you getting them customized? if you go with an official supplier like "Jersey Express" in Buffalo NY, they will get it right without having to worry. You may have to pay for shipping to and from but at least you know you're getting the real thing.

Official? Official supplier of what?

I work for the company that letters the jerseys for the Sabres. They use a nameplate of the same mesh material as the jersey for the on ice jersey.

I believe the Red Wings are the only non-nameplate team in the league.

Official? Official supplier of what?

I work for the company that letters the jerseys for the Sabres. They use a nameplate of the same mesh material as the jersey for the on ice jersey.

okay bad choice of words, I meant they have all the custom number and name fonts used by the NHL. Maybe suggest your employer instead.

Everyone uses the same material as the jersey for the nameplate, it's called "self-fabric"

it's the industry standard for all sports.

EDIT**** I believe the Red Wings & Rangers are the only non-nameplate teams in the league.

where are you getting them customized?

I had the opportunity to order the number kits myself from Stahl's and just automatically got nameplates with them. Once they arrived I started to think the nameplate for the Red Wings jersey didn't look right and started to wonder about who needs one and who doesn't.

My usual visual source, http://www.dropthepucks.com, seems to have stopped updating their visual encyclopedia of jerseys a few years back, so it's hard to know if there have been any recent changes now.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived