Port Adelaide

goalieboy82

i have a question, is the Port Adelaide Power have the same history as the Magpies from 1870-1996 and as the power from 1997-today? i know there is a Port Adelaide Magpies today in the SANFL but are they the same team as the Power were until 1996 or are they something different.

thanks

so long and thanks for all the fish.

i have a question, is the Port Adelaide Power have the same history as the Magpies from 1870-1996 and as the power from 1997-today? i know there is a Port Adelaide Magpies today in the SANFL but are they the same team as the Power were until 1996 or are they something different.

thanks

I'm pretty sure, they are the Port Adelaide Football Club, based at Alberton Oval, SA. There nickname is the Magpies in the SANFL and have been since 1870-odd, when they were given the liscence for the AFL, they had to change the name and they came up with Port Power in 1995, they came into the league in 1997 and were based at Alberton but the SANFL team i believed moved to a nearby oval to train, i think they are together as the one club, hope that helps

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

thanks

http://fullpointsfooty.net/port_adel_magpies.htm

this might answer your question

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived